6th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Tim, I'm thinking of throwing my camping gear in and come up on Friday afternoon. Is anyone else trailering in on Friday?

Hey Paul,

Should be a few guys here Friday night. Bud and his Wife (vintage travel trailer), Merle, Claude and his 19y/o son, my 20y/o son, maybe Gary, his Wife and son (30's) (RV).......oh, and me. Also some early arrival trucks.

48D

Thanks  48, gotta make that one. Can you get some of that special foothills sausage, that was great sausage! I think it had a bit of bobcat and coyote in it, at one time it was called 'depression sausage'! ;)

Don, google doesn't know it all! They probably read it as 'sausage depression'! Whatever, I like their answer. Come to the BBQ. Us folks on the left coast would like to meet you. 48 has a large shop, we will throw down a mattress for you and take turns feeding you.

Ok....the trophies are almost done.....

The B-1-BQ has been freshened up.....

The yard is getting groomed........

The "new " frig is getting painted.....

I built a banner stand for the driveway (16 ft tall/ 20 feet wide) so as to welcome everyone.....

The mowers are getting tuned for the season.....

Plus....Bud and Merle are makin the trip!

This is your "Bump"!!! Just over a MONTH LEFT!!!!!!!!!! WRENCH, BABY WRENCH!!!!! :)

48D   

BRING IT ON TIM!!! I'm shooting for the BBQ. I just got a bunch if parts in for the truck and made a harness that I will be putting in this weekend. Than look at the rear axle and front tie rod . And I should be done.

Ok...need to add that to the flyer...

TIM vs ED !

ARM WRASSLIN' MATCH FUR A REAR BUMPER!

:o

48D

Me and my buddy from work at the Oakland/Boston game....

Yah, he's a Bosox fan, so I had to keep'em down. lol

A's went on to win. 

48D

untitled_zpsfeec2a95.png

lol....ED, if you make it all the way up here to the BBQ......you got dibs over me!

I'll get another chance at one soon enough, I would rather you have incentive to make that long trip. :lol:

48D

I have a bumper for anyone off a route van...it has the dip in it tho....it goes to anyone for $100 (what I paid for it) plus shipping from MN.

I wouldn't take $100 for mine. This bumper is on the same horizontal line as the front bumper and the running boards. When these three are painted alike, this line visually extends the length of the truck. Mine has a few beauty marks but then my truck is original patina and they then work.

See you in April.

PS. Do you have a trophy for the most creative? Are the trophys for trucks only? I'm guessing so.

post-34-0-73829500-1362231626_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-09628600-1362231741_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

Ok....Trophy plates are here.....bent and ready to be mounted to the pistons.

I've been sand blasting the 318 pistons, spraying a clearcoat on'em and planning on a felt bottom.

Still work to be done, but looking pretty cool so far. :cool:

48D  

post-340-0-87698200-1362232157_thumb.jpg

Technically yesterday would have been the one month bump....but today is my birthday...wohoo.

ONE MONTH BUMP!

Time to clean out the ice chest, check the oil, blow out the dust and find your favorite "car" shirt....only 30 days. :)

48D

• Like 1