Jim,

The setup is quite simple. I havfe one on mine. What you need is an adaptor that goes into your block in place of the road draft tube. I got mine from VPW with all the rittings for $65. The same bolt that holds your road draft vent tube will hold this cast adaptor, which has a 3?8 inch copper tube that comes front inside the exhaust pipe and then outboard to a 90 degree elbow. Then the brass pcv valve threads into the elbow and a short pipe fitting goes from the valve up to another elbow that screws into your intake manifold, right in the center where a pipe plug just waits to be unthreaded for this purpose. Takes longer to describe than to install.

Military vehicles were often made to oerate under some amounts or water, and this hoolup was used to keep the crankcase waterproof. Thus military vehicle guys all seem to have this stuff.

The inlet end is necessary, too. I found a spring loaded fill cap to replace the oil fill cap on the fill tube. Then it is necessary to run a piece of heater hose from the oil frill pipe to the air breather, to allow clean air to enter the crankcase to replace whatever is sucked into the intake through the pcv. This is identical to the system used on all newer stuff today.

If you have any questions, I';; be glad to try to take some pictures of my setup, since the nose is still off of my truck. Let me know.

which has a 3?8 inch copper tube that comes front inside the exhaust pipe and then outboard to a 90 degree elbow.

grey beard,

I'm real curious about the size of copper tube that is being used. From past experience with my wifes race car, if the diameter of the tube becomes smaller than the original draft tube size then you can start building up excessive crank case pressure. The increase in pressure is caused by the restriction in the crankcase vent tube.

I will say however that on her race engine she's turning up to 8000 rpms which might have something to do with higher crankcase pressures :D

No matter what size tube is used, if you start suffering higher oil consumption and start having more oil leaks (especially at the rear crank seal) the likely culprit is higher crank case pressure due to a restricted breather.

YMMV.

Brad