It's been a long time

UKPlymouth

4 years ago (yeah that's right just when the recession hit the UK) I started a business. It's been very hard and has not left me with much time for much else, including the forum.

However, I have a couple of issues. One is that my P15 is running like a pig - backfiring through the carb and a misty smoke coming from the oil filler. From reading on here it looks like rings or valves. I think it's number 4 that has the problem. I'll get a compression tester at the week end and try and find out.

The other thing is I was fortunate to buy a 'running' chassis a couple of years ago and have now stripped it down for the mechanicals leaving me with a remarkably good chassis. I don't have a chassis number but the engine that came out of it has the number 443652.

Problem of course it is over here in the UK. I'm not looking for anything other than a contribution to the forum, I just don't want to have to scrap it.

I'll help anybody but don't have a lot of time so keep that in mind and I can't afford to incur cost. If any one's interested reply on here or email me on gsmcd@yahoo.com

Well, It's rings - on cylinders 4 and 5 compression test showed 10 PSI, on the other pots 95 - 100 PSI. Squirted some oil down the bores of 4 and 5 and they came up to 100 PSI. I have a spare engine so have started the strip down ready for a (probably) +40 rebore.

I'm on a schedule here as the wife and I are booked to go to the Goodwood Revival in 7 weeks time.

Think I better read posts on engine rebuilds!