question for Merle

Guest Dave Claussen

Merle, I would also be interested in your opinion of their quality and fit. I am particularly interested in the front windshield and the side vent windows. I have my rear window seal (from Roberts) but have not tried to install it yet. I will pass judgement on it's fit/quality and post my findings when that time comes. I have to replace my rear window glass as it was broken, probably from an encounter with something thrown or loaded in the bed. I do not have the corner windows, although I wish I did. I can definetly see (pun intended!) how they would enhance the view out the back. Dave C.

Well guys, I don't yet know how the fit is, as I'm still a long way from installing them. However they look quite good. The rubber seems to be nice and soft (pliable).

I will definitely let you all know how it works out when I get that far. But don't hold your breath waiting for it. Since spring hit I lost my truck work time. I am too active with teaching motorcycle basic riding courses and promoting the Ride for Kids (a motorcycle charity ride that benefits the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation), plus everything else that goes on through the summer. I'll be able to pick back up later this summer/fall. (I Hope)

Merle

Guest Dave Claussen

I can wait. I'm just the opposite of you, though. I get my mojo working during the summer. I seem to lose my motivation during the cold months. I get it back by going to car shows and the local Friday night cruise-in at the Target parking lot. Always something there to inspire and motivate even the most "lazy" enthusiast.

Sounds like you have some worthwhile stuff going on. I'm sure your benefactors appreciate all your hard work and dedication.

My rubber, with the exception of the wing windows, came from Steele and they are nice. No problem installing them. The wing gasket was another matter, though.

ventstrip03.jpg

As you can see from this shot, the gasket didn't line up with the frame. Only a couple of the bolt holes lined up. The gasket was about an inch and a half too long. I sent it back and got one from Roberts, which worked fine.

I have been reading the posts on Window Rubber, I used the rubber from Roberts and the windsheld and rear window rubber was a pain in the @#&. But I agree the vent windows fit pretty good. So it seems if you where doing this project, to use stuff from both Roberts and Steel would be the way to go? any Comments? Dutch :o