Links to Building Threads

I would like to start a thread that has nothing but links to build threads. If you have multiple threads, just keep editing your post til you find them all and try to organize them. If you rebuilt a radio, or a switch, whatever, that counts too. Just try and keep it in one post. Label it with the model number and name or sign on. Label the link as to what its about. If you want, make a post here and say "more to be added" or however you would like to hold your post spot til you can find the threads you want to post. I'm hoping it makes for a great learning area and reference point. Hope this works.:D

48D

if you would like to make a comment about this thread, here's a temp thread while this thing gets started.

Comments on the "Links to Building Threads"

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 2

1948 B-1-B-108 great grandfather's only new buggy that he drove for over 20 years

1949 B-1-D-126 1-ton rescued from The Panhandle / W. Oklahoma area (2001)

1951 B-3-D-126 flatbed dually picked up in Oklahoma after being rescued from a barn in Kansas (2010)

1953 B-4-B-116 Spring Special rescued from within spitting distance of a crusher at a defunct salvage yard being cleared near Lancaster, TX (2011)

Frankenstein projects:  cobbled together buggies from a collection of rescued & abandoned projects, to reduce parts inventory and utilize complete rolling powertrains

miscellaneous technical information

Edited by JBNeal
added links
  • Like 2

I think this is a great idea. That's why I added the term "chronology" to two of my posts. You all know I'm a novice mechanic so I approach the vehical accordingly. My posts were from that 'lens' as they say in the Universities. I entered pictures of my struggles and successes in hopes other novices would venture into the mechanical world. It has become my retirement 'hobby'.

My moto now is: "On the concrete floor today;on the street tomorrow". Join me and others.

• Like 1

1951 B3D 1 ton restoration

general project montage:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=29399

method and tools for setting split rivets:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=30816

setting your door lock after you've broken off the side set screw:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=27915

potential trailer project:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=33200

Edited by ggdad1951

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

To make this a bit easier how about it we create a category in the Links Directory where individuals can post their own thread link with a short description of the build? 

• Like 1

I always thought it would be easier to pin this thread at the top of this directory since it involves posts (mostly) from this directory...visitors to this directory would see it more readily when doing research on their projects that are related to other topics in this directory...the items in the Links Directory are many times overlooked and possibly marginalized as access to that directory is not as prominent as this directory...

3 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I always thought it would be easier to pin this thread at the top of this directory since it involves posts (mostly) from this directory...visitors to this directory would see it more readily when doing research on their projects that are related to other topics in this directory...the items in the Links Directory are many times overlooked and possibly marginalized as access to that directory is not as prominent as this directory...

pinning them all would make a 2 to 3 page list of builds before you got to the new meat on the forum.

I think we had a thread for a while were people posted links to builds....and then it degenerated into non build thread posts.  If we wanted to, we could do this, I'd have to be strict on deleting out the non build posts as maintenance.  THAT thread we could pin.

• 1 year later...