New Guy and New Truck For Me!!!

Yep....yer right 49D.....

Hey Scott, the engine has the oil pan low spot in the back instead of the front, which is typical of a car motor. The post that's sticking up in the middle of the head (between carb and dist.) is for the throttle linkage. That type isn't normally used on trucks. Trucks have a flat steel linkage tucked behind the motor. On the drivers side of the block, is a vertical stamp pad. Research that number here on the site. Also, get a wire brush and scrub the frame on the drivers just behind the front wheel. You'll find faint numbers stamped there. That'll help you get a better picture of where your truck came from.

48D

OK not sure If I'm looking these numbers up correctly. The numbers off the block are PI5*908082*

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'm a little bit excited as I read on this forum to put ATF down the spark plug holes to unstick a engine, low and behold I put some in there let it sit for 4 days and she literley turned over by hand today. I think I can hear a gear spinning toward the bottom rear of the motor so I think the starter is stuck in the engaged position but what a great feeling. One step at a time and eventually she will be back on the road looking good. I believe tomorrow I'm going to pull the front end and send it off to get lowered 4".

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Well I picked this up at a car show swap meet today..Was going to take the best of both and make one but now I'm thinking a nice 1 ton dually flat bed and a 1/2 ton sitting next to it might not be a bad ideal either...LOL

Scott

2012-08-25_19-54-18_291.jpg

Well guys her she is back at the Hacienda. The more I look at it I think I got a pretty good deal...All the grill pieces look to be there.....Two inside Visors....Both Running boards.....all inner fenders.....supposed to be a running motor....Body appears to be in good shape...crap load of parts I haven't been through yet....

Sorry guys I'm just a little bit excited now that I have two of these trucks!!!!

Scott

DSCN0271.jpg

And so begins "the collection". Pretty soon you'll be as bad as Tim or Reg. ;)

Hey now....all my trucks have a purpose and or job....:D

1938 1.5 ton...used as a picnic bench at the Clements Tailgate BBq

1947 1.5 ton...used as a picnic bench at the Clements Tailgate BBq

1948 1/2 ton...made it into a BBq

1948 1/2 ton...parts truck for "The Brick"

1948 1/2 ton...Panel, tow truck for "The Brick"

1949 1.5 ton...dump truck also known as big brother. He greets people...

1950 1/2 ton...made into "The Brick" aka Bonneville truck

1950 1/2 ton...parts truck

1955 1.5 ton...faltbed...look out post for my hawk

And a few frames and suspension parts for those who can use them....:cool:

Orignally I had 3 half tons in front of the house, nicknamed "The Three Sisters" that picture is in my profile page. A lot has changed since then..lol

The second truck looks great X53Gunner.....good "pick up"!

48D

• 1 month later...

Not much going on with project as I'm redoing my 64 GTO at the moment. However, did want to let you guys know I sent in my dually flat bed front axle in to be lowered 3"s. I sent it in to http://www.droppedaxles.com/DODGE_AXLES.html

I will let everyone know how it goes. Seemed real nice to deal with on the phone and did tell me he is very busy this time of year with car shows so It might take awhile but I let him know it was no problem.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
Not much going on with project as I'm redoing my 64 GTO at the moment. However, did want to let you guys know I sent in my dually flat bed front axle in to be lowered 3"s. I sent it in to http://www.droppedaxles.com/DODGE_AXLES.html

I will let everyone know how it goes. Seemed real nice to deal with on the phone and did tell me he is very busy this time of year with car shows so It might take awhile but I let him know it was no problem.

Scott

Im looking forward to hearing how the dropped axle works out for you. I was thinking of sending mine out to those guys too in the near future. How much did it cost you?

-Chris