Lots of Post-War Mopar parts cars for sale

bamfordsgarage

Any members who find themselves near Wetaskiwin, AB, a mere 300 miles north of the Montana-Alberta border, needs to pay a visit to Stan Reynolds Sales while the place is still around. The late Stan amassed an enormous collection of 1900-1960 cars, trucks, airplanes, farm equipment, household artifacts, and what have you ("We take anything in trade!"). Many of the finest artifacts went to the Alberta Government a number of years ago to offset a large tax obligation and formed the nucleus of the world-class Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, AB.

The rest has been steadily downsized over the past several years, and Stan's nephew, who bought the property and contents prior to Stan's passing, is keeping the better items and liquidating the rest. At some point in the near future (2013?) the land will be cleared and sold to the local, adjoining, airport.

There are still over 100 parts cars left — pretty much all the Ford stuff is gone along with most of the GM. Postwar Mopars figure heavily in what remains... none are worth restoring, but most still have powertrains and other usable bits. I bought a D25 parts car here in 2010, stripped it of everything usable, and left the carcass behind. The cars are all sitting directly on the ground so the floors are pretty much shot and there are no decent rocker mouldings to be found.

There are more than a dozen outbuildings and trailers filled with auto parts and aviation what-nots, and a large sales building/retail store with row upon row of lights, electrical, mechanical, carburetors, license plates, bicycles, etc. etc.

Friend Jerry and I made a couple trips down this week and I picked up six winter rims and two decent hub caps for my D25, two rims and 10 hubs for Model T, and an assortment of worthwhile doo-dads.

Photos: Roof rack came in handy, most of the Mopars are in the distance toward the airport; Target-practice Taxi; Sales building; Wooden Wheel & Windshield building; We found six good 16" rims in this heap ($15 total).

post-2848-13585369722747_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369723105_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369723489_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369723911_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369724306_thumb.jpg

Even that poor old shot-up P15 still appears to have a good set of

windshield stainless trim. And probably some other things not showing

that would be usable. I find that I look at pretty well scavenged

cars much closer than in the past.........and there are often useful

items on pretty rough looking cars.

Chris' date='

on the Pontiac to the left of your car, how was the stainless on the trunk and hood. If the Pontiac is a '48, I wonder what he would want for the stainless for the trunk and hood[/quote']

We'll be going back in a few weeks and I could have a look at it then. They aren't parting these cars out, only selling them whole. You could probably do like I did with my parts car... strip the good stuff and leave the hulk for the scrapper next year.

I was there yesterday picked up a 51 chrysler with the 251 full flow oil system, pulled it out today, took a few other parts of it, will drop the rest of it off at a scap yard on Monday, also purchased one of the 41 Plymouths will pick that up later

I would assume this fellow is charging reasonable prices for the entire

car. We had a place in this area with many old cars that went out of

business due to the owner's health. Bad part was, he offered to sell

the complete yard, but nobody wanted to pay whatever his price was.

So, he started selling complete cars for $100 or $150 and the entire

contents of things like old school busses and truck box bodies for

$100. There was a frenzy right at the last before the crushers were

to arrive.

Most old yards over the area have disappeared in the past 30

years.

taking a quick guess to a Hudson...

The one I'm wondering about is a late 50's maybe early 60's it's close to the road. Can't you see which one I'm pointing to??:)

The one I'm wondering about is a late 50's maybe early 60's it's close to the road. Can't you see which one I'm pointing to??:)

Here is a zoom-in view and three more yard shots.

post-2848-13585369737455_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369737842_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369738201_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585369738607_thumb.jpg

Edited by bamfordsgarage
Add 3 more pix

Chris,Thanks for the pictures and update.Haven't been to Reynolds for several years.I'll try to get up there this summer.