New to the forum- 1950 Dodge

double clutch

I found this forum not too long ago searching for info on my car and thought I would join. I'm 17 and have a 1950 Dodge Coronet thats been a father son project for the last 2 years. I've had to have a lot of tips and pointers along the way but I'm proud to say I've done most of the work myself. In the past year I put over 1,000 miles on it and plan to put many more on it as its my daily driver. I'll try to put up some more pictures later to show its progress. Im doing a low buck job on it now but I want it to be restored some day although that takes time and money and one of those is always in short supply.

post-8923-13585369704331_thumb.jpg

post-8923-13585369705881_thumb.jpg

post-8923-13585369707188_thumb.jpg

post-8923-13585369709315_thumb.jpg

*note the full race tie wrap battery hold down!

Edited by double clutch

Welcome........looks nice, but I would replace that battery hold down asap, if you haven't already....the last thing you want is a battery bouncing around the engine compartment.

let me first commend you for having good grammar and proper writing skills! you car looks good! make it safe first then, you can do more about the way it looks.....let me just add, that i wish i would have driven a 50s car when i was 17! Welcome Aboard! :)

Beautiful car, especially as a father son project. You have no idea how refreshing it is to see a younger member with something classic and not another cookie cutter plastic tuner car.

If it were mine, I'd be looking to add a set of fender skirts. Looks like you have the other period external touches. Fairly easy to get hold of a set of replicas and the prices aren't out of line.

I am happy to see a young man having respect for these older cars. It shows common sense, hard to find sometimes. The car is really quite nice, all it needs is someone to take care of it and keep it alive for others to see. I drove a 50 Dodge from Gary, Indiana to St. Petersburg Florida non-stop, except for gas, when I was 18. I have a soft spot for them.

The car looks good. It could use a little height adjustment, maybe 3" blocks in the rear and 1.25 coils cut up front, but thats just my .2 cents. Im digging the visor, and the patina paint. Make sure you go through the breaks. You could have a real problem if that single master cylinder fails. I am about to install a dual with disk fronts. You picked the best site on the web for info. Good luck

The body and trim looks to be in good shape. That's a sturdy looking Dodge that won't be difficult to restore.

Thanks for all the good feedback, believe it or not but I picked up that fulton visor for $40 at the lawrence swap meet. To answer your question about the exhaust I only have a y pipe a friend welded up for me. I want a split manifold bad though-nothing sounds better than a flathead 6.

And yes I like my dice fuzzy

Car looks good except for the fuzzy dice:eek:

I see two exhaust pipes coming out under the center of the bumper. Do you have a split manifold? If so how did you route the pipes to make them come out the center?

Its all a matter of taste Don;), you outta be the Fuzzy Dice Detector:rolleyes:.....LOL

Darn tootin, all for this, next time you are in these parts, will take you to Hooters............yeehaw

Um, I was thinking along the same lines myself - just not the restaurant....:o

• 3 months later...