getting ready for Dynamat

BeBop138

Scaping up the old tar stuff and paint---will be putting down new seam sealer and some rust paint--then the Dynamat.I am going to make this as quiet as possible. Since I sold my streetrod I thought I would finish the interior with the new headliner,carpet and a nice radio and speakers. Winter project will be a 700R. Taking out the T-5---need surgery on my left knee---this will make driving a little easier..............Lee

post-1652-13585369612669_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1358536961328_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585369613959_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a fun project. Let me know if you need any help on the stereo stuff. I've installed a few custom systems. Always a good time. Plenty of room for a couple subs in that trunk!

Sounds like a fun project. Let me know if you need any help on the stereo stuff. I've installed a few custom systems. Always a good time. Plenty of room for a couple subs in that trunk!

No subs---don`t want a giant boom box---could be that an old guy like me could use a younger guy to crawl around under the dash. Thought of flush mount speakers on the rear shelf and speakers in the kick panels....thanks for the offer, I may give you a call.......Lee

HAHA I was kidding about the subs. While I've installed a couple its been in other peoples vehicles. I'm more into an amp with 4 nice speakers.

Just wondering if you are painting the bare metal, or have any concerns about rust in between the mating surfaces. I ask because I also matted mine but I did rust protection.

Also the roof looks great!

Just wondering if you are painting the bare metal, or have any concerns about rust in between the mating surfaces. I ask because I also matted mine but I did rust protection.

Also the roof looks great!

Good point---some areas I put down some rust proof paint. From the factory they used that tar undercoating---when you scrape that up it usually looks clean. The Dynamat seals real good. Anyway by the time it could give any trouble the new owner can worry about it---I will be long gone:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the whole trunk finished and the rear deck. That is all I will get done---going to Clear Lake Iowa for a car show and when we get back I need to get the car to the shop for the headliner. I did treat myself and had the radio and CB installed---nice to have tunes and a CB to keep up with the guys on a cruise. Pics of the headliner and radios next trip......Lee

post-1652-13585369970659_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585369971348_thumb.jpg

Lee,

Good thing you decided against any subs in the trunk!

I have been enjoying your posts very much. Thanks for taking time to get pictures and being willing to explain what you're doing and why. Enjoy the show and we'll check on progress next time.

-Randy

Lee,

Good thing you decided against any subs in the trunk!

I have been enjoying your posts very much. Thanks for taking time to get pictures and being willing to explain what you're doing and why. Enjoy the show and we'll check on progress next time.

-Randy

Well I did go with a small 8" sub in the trunk---good fill to round out the custom front kick panels---two very good 6" and tweeters--sounds very nice----that way I didn`t have to put any speakers in the rear deck---pics of that later......thanks Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Headliner,trunk and pics of the front speaker---amp and 8" sub in trunk---radio in glove box---CB hanging lower dash center. Very happy with whats done so far. Will do interior carpet after installing the 700R and welding in some plates for seat belts---pics for that in the spring. Was nice to put the front and rear inside window trim in----How come the holes moved an inch since I took them out????:rolleyes:

post-1652-13585370408642_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1358537040951_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370410763_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370411346_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370412113_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
How high are you planning to go up the inside of the firewall?
I will try and get as high as possible to eliminate as much noise as I can ---will show some pics when I get done--I will be doing some work under the dash---changing the heater core--moving the new radio into stock spot---installing a remote speaker for the CB...ect.

Some progress---got the rest of the floor scraped--I am going to leave it bare till I decide on different seats--some reinforcement on the floor-- got some oil canning from cutting the holes for the master and shifter hole---should have done this way back. Everything is up in the air on the engine change---it will all come together soon....Lee

post-1652-13585372460301_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got the rest of the floor cleaned up and painted it with Bill Hirsch rust paint----got some of the Dynamat down. Slow going since my heart attack---plus on the 19th I go back in for bypass----then nothing gets done for up to 12 weeks---they tell me re-hab might take that long---PITA.  I would show pics but the new format has me confused---how do we post pics now???? It took me quite awhile to figure it out the first time---computer skills are lacking.........Lee

Got the rest of the floor cleaned up and painted it with Bill Hirsch rust paint----got some of the Dynamat down. Slow going since my heart attack---plus on the 19th I go back in for bypass----then nothing gets done for up to 12 weeks---they tell me re-hab might take that long---PITA.  I would show pics but the new format has me confused---how do we post pics now???? It took me quite awhile to figure it out the first time---computer skills are lacking.........Lee

To post pics just hit more reply options on the bottom right. Then you will see the option for attachments.