Ellis long block twin carb manifold question

I didn't want to say anything so as not to jinx the auction, but I happily just won my Ellis twin carb long block aluminum manifold- $275.

So, though it'd be alittle too late at this point to hear bad things{lol}, can you folks tell me anything good about it...and no, I"m not going to dump it either way!

This will fit nicely on my 265 that I hope to be picking up next weekend{if things are aligned}, then it'll be time to find a twin exhaust system and an OD trans of some kind before the swap out of my old system.

-What's a good twin carb linkage set up for this intake?

-I don't see any provisions for intake heating like the oem set up...will this be a problem or something not to worry about. Frankly, being so close to the exhaust manifold I'm surprised the oem set up actually needs a heater for atomization...

-will it be enough with one carb having a choke to start the engine...this will be a 3 seasons car- no winters.

- I know pics would be nice and/or helpful, but I don't have it yet...maybe I can grab the ebay pics somehow and toss them up here.

Thanks guys...

Edited by 40P10touring sedan
no pics

Forum member,D25_Steve,has an Ellis intake on his Dodge.He may be able to provide you with some helpful information..

What year is the engine? the throttle linkage change locations from car to car I believe the 40 is different from the p15 and is alos on the pass side of the car. The Ellis intakes were originally developed for trucks and other commercial applications. But a good pretty good manifold. They do trun the carbs 90 degrees to the stock mounting. So this makes the linkage a bit different than other bransd or modified stock intakes. You might wat to thik of making adapter plated to face them back the right way but that will depend on your application.

Look at the picture of Moose's engine in his South Shore get together thread and you will see that his float bowls are pointing to the pass side of the car rather than straight ahead.

What year is the engine? the throttle linkage change locations from car to car I believe the 40 is different from the p15 and is alos on the pass side of the car. The Ellis intakes were originally developed for trucks and other commercial applications. But a good pretty good manifold. They do trun the carbs 90 degrees to the stock mounting. So this makes the linkage a bit different than other bransd or modified stock intakes. You might wat to thik of making adapter plated to face them back the right way but that will depend on your application.

Look at the picture of Moose's engine in his South Shore get together thread and you will see that his float bowls are pointing to the pass side of the car rather than straight ahead.

Year is 52, chrysler windsor motor.

• 2 months later...

I believe the pipe plugs are for vacuum access, but you would need to pull them to see if they go into the main plenum or into a heating chamber. As mentioned, the carbs on the ellis mount 90 degrees out of phase to the stock manifold's position. So you will need to come up with a linkage solution that meets that mount also and decide whether the float bowls face the pass side over the exhaust manifold or over head. this will determine which way you will need to design the linkage to pull the throttles on the carbs. Once you determin whether those plugs do indeed provide for hot water heating, you can accomplish nearly the same effect by running the heater hose along the manifold and fixing it along the length of the underside of the plenum. I have no heat with my fenton, and have run in temps in teh 30's wiht no decernable problem.

Did you see Old daddys bolt on dual exhaust adapter?

• 2 years later...

I just sold an Ellis intake for the "BIG" Moly  Block  281-331 ci. six cylinder DT engines last month.

They are a really nice manifold.

Bob

post-302-0-77335700-1415850389_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-48484500-1415850432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Nope....Moly block intake is  6" longer than a 251.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

is there any chance you know what ellis model number this was so I know what to look for I have a 25inch block as well but cant seem to cross reference what ellis model fits. Thank you

I took a couple of photos that may help you...

- In the first photo from left to right, it reads 1 1/2 TON - 2 TON - DODGE

- In the second photo, (rear of intake), ELLIS DUALPOWER MANIFOLDS - L.A. 23 CAL  -  PAT. D154886

post-296-0-86014700-1415842656_thumb.jpg       post-296-0-82315900-1415842754_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...