Stuck valve?

Mark D

So here it is after a week of evenings and a couple Saturdays. She's back together and ready to be fired.

post-7609-13585367645272_thumb.jpg

Installed new plugs and wires, refilled coolant, topped off the oil. Turned her over last night, but had honey-do's to take care of, so I had to stop there. Today, fingers crossed, she'll come back to life. My lower most ribs are a little sore today. Truth be told I am actually bruised. It so happens that the ridge where the fender meets the hoods is perfectly alinged with these two ribs.

Got a distributor question, but will post that as a seperate thread.

Thanks for the all the help and cheering gents.

PS, Greg - Allagash brewery helped me greatly this week. :)

post-7609-13585367649402_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you're off and running. But do continue to check the head torque occasionally; In my case it usually take 3 times before all of them stop moving with a new head gasket.

for future reference, most people just spray the gasket off of the engine, so that you don't get a bunch of the coating on the pistons and valves.

Marty

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointers Marty, I will check the torque again this weekend. I was very surprised at how much movement there was after the car warmed up the first time.

As for the copper spray, I did spray the gasket suspended in the air, but the directions on the can said to coat the mating surfaces on the block and head as well. I should have asked, but was in my groove, things where finally going well, and I wanted to get her running again. I guess I justified any over spray as likely being burnt off in the combustion process?

I'm an amatuer with much to learn.