Time to say so long to my 1949 Chrysler Project

PatS....

It has been over 3 yrs since I have been able to play with the Chrysler. Always thinking "next week I'll feel better and be able to work on it"

Time to be realistic and own up to the fact that that day isn't going to come anytime soon.

I am unable to stand or walk unaided and this has been the case since last Sept and it's not getting any better. Can't work on anything when you fall on your a$$ 30 times a day :eek: Certainly not looking for sympathy with this post and I'm not giving up but I'm making my health the project to replace the old car. Just a heads up if there is any interest in the Chrysler.

I listed the Chrysler on our local Kijiji at a fire sale price so if anyone close wants a virtually rust free relatively rare Mopar, give me a call.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1949-Chrysler-Royal-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ360135694

I'll have the Nash Rambler on the block soon as well as the 62 Dodge D300, and a bunch of tools and equipment. The Chrysler is first because I'm paying rent on the garage it's in. I have a heck of a deal there and a great landlady but it's money out the window at this point.

Pat in Calgary

Pat, I fully understand you postion and know this is not something you are just going to drop on the next man. Hopefully someone on here will be able to take ownership and see this car finished up. You are right, finding solid body cars of this age is getting mighty hard to do and will be a be plus to anyone wanting a project car. Good luck on the sale and your attention to your personal heath...it is my wish all goes smoothly for you.

Pat,

Looks like we're in the same boat because I have the same trouble standing and walking, so when I say I understand it's because I understand. I'm fortunate in that I can keep Pigiron on my property but it is stripped-down for painting and is therefore unsaleable so I will put what time I can (have?) into trying to make one piece out of many and see how far I can get before I can't get any farther.

Lousy way to complete a project, eh? Best of luck to you with getting back on track with your health.

-Randy

That is too bad, Pat! I know you are having health issues and I wish you all the best. I would be interested in your car but I have too many already otherwise I would be contacting you. Good luck with the sale of the car but especially with your health. Please stay a part of the forum even when the '49 has moved on to a new owner.

Gee Pat, I amvery sorry to hear this, I had a real bad turn in my health A while back. I was very lucky in that I had done so much for so many they came to my aid and continue. I darn near redid my Studebaker last year because it was in a shop folks took turns doing work and helping the guy that soon the car was finished. I know everybody can't do that and the fact that you are paying for storage no matter how cheap it's stii money out the pocket. I just hope you get well. I take it one day at a time and guard against over doing anything. recovery is slow but it does come:)

Hey Pat, sorry to hear about this, I know this is not what you want to do, but sometimes things are beyond our health.

I sure hope you are able to sell things quickly and at a good price.

That car needs to go to a good home, and hopefully the new owner, will get her revived and on the road.

Take care, and I hope you have better days to come................Fred

Pat, I'm sorry to hear you are unable to be active in the hobby to the degree that you have been in the past..I look forward to you carrying on, participating in this forum and continuing to share your knowledge and experience.

Ralph

Heya Pat,

Sorry to hear about both the health, and the car.

I can understand completely.... not about the health part, but about the car.... its been awhile since I`ve been online, and just came online to check out some info, and read your post.

Since I was last online, everything under the sun has happened.... my mom died, I declared bankruptcy, lost my house and everything, but could keep the car because it was torn down... however, because I had no room for it, I had to scrap a lot of the parts. I still have the motor that was worked on (and is for sale btw), but other than that.... the project is toast. Some of the parts are still in NW Quebec, others scrapped, and the motor here (closer to ottawa) I was blessed because after losing the house i moved into a house (rental) that is 2x the size for the same price as I was paying before. My kids were getting sick with the other house because of mold and the state of the water in the other place, and now everything is back to normal.... lost my full time job, but got it back, but on a part time contract....

when it comes to everything, we still have our health, which is the most important thing, but the heartbreak to see all that work and effort for nothing is really painful.... I figure that eventually I may get myself a car to drive, but one that is in drivable condition to start off with, rather than a project..... Just all the effort guys here put in to help me out makes me feel bad because I feel like I`m letting everyone down by not finishing the project... but life got in the way.

Take care Pat....

Allan