53 rear fenders on a pre 53?

Hi Guys;

I am curious about the feasibility of fitting 53 style rear fenders on a 52 long bed truck.

Does anyone know what might be involved? In the photos I've looked at it seems like the later fender just has different mounting points and the round fender bolts are left in place but not used as mounts. Is this true? and if so is there a different length running board involved?

Thanks very much,

Jeff

I'm not sure how they're going to fit the pressed pattern of the sides. There may be gaps at the front and rear. Boards may be the same length.

Thanks Guy's;

That is what I thought......not sure I would do it.....but I do like the look of the later fenders better on the tall bed. Just something to think about for now. Got to get the frame straightened first.

I will be doing a different treatment on the bed. This is going to be a honest working truck and the bed floor needs to be functional for the type of hauling I need to do. I am planning on doing it using ironwood which is an extremely tough and oily south american species that looks a lot like teak. This stuff is beautiful and it doesn't really need a finish beyond a yearly application of tung oil. The metal strips and a few tie downs will be recessed into it. I will post photos when it is in.

I finally got new Wranglers mounted on my freshly powder coated rims yesterday. Getting a solution for the bent and broken lugs took far longer than I ever imagined. That is done now and she has 5/8 lugs all around. The tires and rims look good.....of course the rims took an unusual size (for today) valve stem. :)

You would think I would be used to this sort of thing by now. All the fussing over what I thought would be easy and simple things have given rise to a name for this project. Being a huge Blues hound it has to be..................

Bad Love. There is something so wrong about.....I can't stop.

Jeff