test

Lou Earle

Looks like something from ASK this OLD HOUSE. Was Rich C in you neighborhood lately???? Stranger still. Couple years ago I had an old Volvo Station Wagon. the heater core leaked changing the defroster into a refroster. Well around hear, Defrosters and heaters are kinda necessary from November till April. So I looked into the situation ffor changing the heater core. Book said 3.5 hours just to remove the controlls, the dashboard, and the other stuff in the way of the core. So going by the fact that I usually average about 2.5 X whatever the book says, I looked for other options. The car had AC which did not work due to a bad compressor clutch (very expensive and use of R 12 freon, not enviro friendly) So going on the premiss that a heat exchanger is a heat exchanger, I cut the lines and plumbed the heater hoses into the AC circuit, added a screw type manual set it and forget valve to controll the coolant going through, and presto chango, dry heat and defrost. Back yard shade tree at its finest, I'd say.