Back in hot water...again

Rodney Bullock

Well you all know that I had the 41 Stude painted and it came out well. The inside was a bit shabby to say the least so i put it in the shop to have the headliner and panels replaced. There is a big indoor show here at the DC Armory( was there last year with the 61) I have sent the window cranks to the chrome shop to be replated and then to the Shrock brothers to have new knobs installed. I had a custom headliner sewn by SMS so now My new interior guy(My old interior man passed away last june) is working on the car. I have know him for just 15 years. Went over to visit the car and they have it broken down for the install. I am even having the trunk done this time should look good. I found some real nice windlace at Restoration specialty. The head liner is real good thick material. I hope this last because I can't see doing this again.

post-55-1358536628355_thumb.jpg

post-55-1358536628462_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585366285357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodney Bullock

The champion has 4 lug holes and the threads are left and right hand turn to take them off. I mixed them up one day when I was restoring the car. I did not know what was wrong:) You live and learn. The wheel is 16 inch. They are very hard to find now. I have 5 with a good spare. I remember having the rim balanced and painted base coat clear coat. I'm currently having the inside window moulding frames painted again after 15 years what can you do.:rolleyes:

Edited by Rodney Bullock

I know this is a very small thing however I had these window cranks rechromed, then I had knobs made and installed on the window crank handles. This was very expensive. When I first restored this car I got junk yard handles for it. The knobs did not match.I now have the plastic cover and the knobs the same color and texture. The right stuff is now out there if you can find it. They made the antenna knob for the inside as well as the heater control bezel.This will make the upgrades look alot better for the show. I have made friends with The Shrock brothers they reproduce Studebaker plastic and rubber parts. They can make other rubber parts as well. This is where I got my steering post seal from and they said they can make other parts as well. I will ask them to make the seal for the Plymouth.

post-55-13585366368404_thumb.jpg

today I pulled all the window mouldings and stripped them. I also went over to visit the car and took what little parts over to my friends at Maacco to hAVE THEM PAINTED. WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIMPLE HEALINER JOB HAS TURNED INTO A MAJOR EVENT. The car will be nice after however I will not be doing anything car related for a long time. When it comes together it will be rather nice.

post-55-13585366371878_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585366372841_thumb.jpg

Well I guess I ani't in hot water no more got my car back this morning and the new interior guy fixed everything and some more. I had to call him and thank him again. I think I will be at the Armory show after all. He really did a great job. If you can see it all those plastic parts were made by the Shrock brothers. They make the car look real nice. I guess now I can get back on the plymouth, i know everybody has noticed how gas is creeping up. We better get the 6 cly cars tuned if we want to go cruzing this spring.

post-55-13585366479966_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585366480731_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585366481511_thumb.jpg

Rodney you have all the luck getting things done. I hear a lot of us have simple jobs to be done and can't them done or they turn out bad or excessively expensive. You seem to know the right people or know how to charm even the bad ones to get things done. Does that always work on you Mrs.?

Hi Frank, You know the secert to getting things done around here is to be a pain in somebodies side:) I was at the guy's shop everyday until the car was finished. I am kind of popular around here so when folks found out I was there they had to visit. When you got eye's on you like he had it makes a person do a good job. As for Mrs. Bullock, mean as a snake and twice as deadly:( Shhh don't tell I said it!:cool: