Rain

Labrauer

Hasn't rained in about eight months and today came down all at once to make up for the dry spell.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32555&stc=1&d=1326150229

:rolleyes:

post-7392-13585365846635_thumb.jpg

post-7392-13585365847134_thumb.jpg

post-7392-1358536584761_thumb.jpg

post-7392-13585365847796_thumb.jpg

post-7392-13585365847916_thumb.jpg

Your down by Galveston, wow, it would seem with no rain for that long it would all soak in. Your soil must be a very hard clay. Whatever, enjoy the moisture, always great sleeping weather with the high amout of ions.

bad when you finally get the rain your area needs and it's a downpour that runs off instead of a slow soaker..

So true tim, I like the slow soaker. In LA rain is needed desperately, and not for what you would think. It is normally for cleaning the air of the smog. This place is lovely when the air is actually clean.

FG.

When it comes down 3 or 4 inches an hour, it's not soaking in!

I moved to Austin the end of May 1981. A week later they got 11 inches in about 4 hours. About washed away. A month later it did it again. Then we'd go months with nothing.

I believe the record is still 36" overnight a little northeast of Austin.

The third pic is of the garage but it is high and dry it would have to come up another 15" to get into it where the two 48's are parked and to get on the drive way in front of the garage.

Larry

Some years here in Washington it only rains once in eight months too. Trouble is, that one rain continues for the whole eight months! :rolleyes:

My brother is a State Trooper in Conroe. He said they're getting that steady rain as well, which they really need. He usually gets stuck dealing with flooding, but last year it was fires. Most of our marked patrol vehicles are retrofitted in Bastrop, outside of Austin. We're still getting them covered in ash from those fires last summer, you'uns in Texas and New Mexico can sure use the soakers.