could be kismet?

Hi Guy's;

I suppose this is how it all starts........................

We went to our nephew's wedding this weekend.....and stopped by my

brother-in-laws house this morning to have brunch etc...

When he asked me what I had been up to I started telling him about my "new" Dodge Pilothouse truck. After a minute or two of describing it he got a funny smile on his face and said "well then I have something you will want".

We took a walk out to the back of his property and this is what was sitting out there. Too funny..... I must have walked past it for years on the way back to the horseshoe pit.

Hmmmm....it is pretty rough but I could really see this thing spiffed up with a custom BBQ & smoker on it. Whaddythink?

Jeff

post-8378-13585365831258_thumb.jpg

post-8378-13585365831747_thumb.jpg

post-8378-13585365832157_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy's

Honestly I was not really touting my good luck, I just think this coincidence was too funny not to share.

Besides my luck appears to have run out......I have a real situation with a stuck rear hub. I was able to borrow the correct type of puller and it worked just fine on the hub that still had all it's lugs........not so much on the one that had 3 broken ones. :mad: This one is going to be a real bugger to get off.....

Jeff

have ya tried the trick of tightening a stuck bolt before trying to remove it? put the hub nut back on, tighten'r up, then take a hammer and rap that non-crescent wrench a few times (without a cheater bar), pull the nut off, and see if the hub will budge. Hammering on the shaft might damage some bearings or seats; likewise, hammering on the hub might transfer that force into some unwanted area.

Hi Guy's;

Hmmmm....it is pretty rough but I could really see this thing spiffed up with a custom BBQ & smoker on it. Whaddythink?

Jeff

I'd love to find "California rough" projects here in the Midwest. Very few here are that nice We've got trucks ten years old in worse condition.

Hi Guy's;

49Dodge1ton; I have used that trick more than a few times......it might be worth a shot here. I've left the biggest 2 finger puller I could find on it overnight....but that is just wishful thinking.

Dave; Yes we are spoiled ...... in so many ways. On the negative side it is a real zoo here.......traffic and congestion like you wouldn't believe. Compared to my truck....it is rough.

Hank;

I know where I can put my hands on an impact gun.

btw, I finally took your advice and removed the front clip......mo'betta for sure!

Jeff

I know where I can put my hands on an impact gun.btw, I finally took your advice and removed the front clip......mo'betta for sure!Jeff

For some reason my back always goes out when I hang over the fenders and reach into the engine compartment for an extended length of time. I usually use a step stool to make things easier for me. But nothing makes it easier than removing the front clip.

Hank :)