The rarest part ever?

townwagon

This thread makes me sad. Years ago I junked a few trucks that had some of these options and I didn't realize how rare they were until it was much too late. I know I trashed at least 1 passenger visor, a fresh air kit, dual horns, and at least two mirror dividers. Now I'm gathering a ton of these parts together to build a "factory hot rod" and I could have saved myself a ton of time and effort. lol

Oh well. I can't change what I did 20 years ago. At least I saved some of the odd ball stuff.

This may not qualify as a '48 to '53 option, but I found this little Job Rated accessory screw on clipboard about 15 years ago at a swap meet. I never screwed it to the dash, just used a magnet instead. When I sold the B4C in 2007, I kept the clipboard. I think the little paper pad is original. 

DSC00109.jpg

• Like 1

I have an ash tray, it had the knob which said ASH on it. I traded  it to Desoto Dave down under, for a driver side door lock. Good trade. The tach is my doing. 

IMG_4779.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, rekbender said:

This may not qualify as a '48 to '53 option, but I found this little Job Rated accessory screw on clipboard about 15 years ago at a swap meet. I never screwed it to the dash, just used a magnet instead. When I sold the B4C in 2007, I kept the clipboard. I think the little paper pad is original. 

DSC00109.jpg

I've got one of those too. I was sure surprised at the size of it after buying it from ebay. I was expecting a more standard size piece of paper and clipboard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the flare kit  that was available....

Flare Kit  MoPar DT (1).JPG

Flare Kit  MoPar DT (3).JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am sort of a new member. I was a member a few years ago and with moving and new email addresses, I was unable to log in with old account. I have a 1950 FN1 1/2 ton Fargo pickup restored to original. Except for radial tires and a Pertronix ignition. As for rare parts. I have a rear window defroster that came with my truck. It attaches with suction cups to the rear window.

jged2ZAmSqyV51qRVGGJLA_thumb_1192.jpg.743ddfbdb67a06a08877bc9c2bb72345.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_bcf.jpg.200bbf599313b0bc50490f45d720eda0.jpg

• Like 4