Mopars in Cuba 1954

Cpt.Fred

Hi everyone,

just wanted to drop by and share some pics i found in an article about Cuba in 1954... at least 2 of them show old MOPAR metal in the background.

8934261vpi.jpg

8934262fcq.jpg

8934263nkj.jpg

nice colors. i'm not sure about the last one being a mopar, but hey.

other than that i hardly have the time to visit at the moment, working my way through giant piles of.. well, work, piles of work. :)

the P10 is stored nice and dry with a few more pounds of pressure on the tires

and a blanket on the roof. right next to it, still in the box, are the new skirts

waiting to get their patina treatment and for the spring to come.

i hope everyone's fine!

best from berlin,

fred

This is just my 2 cents but I think Americans should be embarrassed at the way they treated Cuba. Seems like a typical case of bullying. After 40 years and it didn't work perhaps we should open up the country for American trade, tourism, and some culture exchange. Couldn't hurt. You gotta love their pride in their old metal.

Lots of Canadians visit Cuba every winter and always mention the old cars that are to be found there. When I went out to Victoria, British Columbia recently, there is an old tobacconist shop I visit. I haven't smoked in years but love to go in there just for the smell. They have a room set aside just for Cuban cigars. Guess what most American customers choose to buy...........Cuban cigars as they can't get them in the US. I agree with Don but I guess it all comes down to politics in Florida.