5th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Can't believe this will be number five....!!

It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

I've been very lucky to host the event at my home for so many years, its something I really enjoy!

The work starts now. Clean the shop, move the trucks, clean the B-1BQ....etc....I couldn't be happier to do it.

Since its #5, I'm hoping the attendence is through the roof!!!.....We get more trucks every year, and the fan base has been growing too. So get the wheels on and the tank full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine! lol.

A flash back as it were, to the 2011 BBQ thread.:D

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=24784

48D

sounds like a good time..prepping for such as this is time consuming..but its fun..sad part is as host most folks sit about BS'ing while you working the background issues, food and beverage..so my interaction is limited...but hey...still good to get some of the gang together though

I'm thinking maybe......

Sat...April 7th, 2012

1. Doesn't clash with "Spring Fling"

2. Saturday seems to work better than Sunday

3. Exactly a month before my birthday

4. 7 is a lucky number

5. um....etc....:D

48D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been working on my Garage floor, getting it painted for the big day (800 s/f). I shot to much acid on a few sections and fried the paint. So need to scub the first coat and try again. When the clear goes down is should be real purty and ready for a crowd.

So how many of you guys are frantically getting your trucks ready for the get to together? Is there anything I can do to help? Nothing wrong with a party before the party...lol.:D

48D

Tim,

I stopped by your place about a month ago and you showed me around and told me about the upcoming party. I have the 50 up and running and roadworthy and I'm getting the brake parts for the 49 this week. If all goes well the 49 will be up and running by mid Feb. We are down in the Livermore area but are plannng on attending the BBQ. If all goes well I'll bring them both. The kids and I have been having a great time working on them and my daughter plans to use the 50 as her truck to take back and forth to high school. Wife wants to cruise Livermore in the 49.

Thanks again for showing me around your place and I look forward to meeting the group of Dodge truck fans and learning from the Masters!

Jeff

aka; Lamont

So how many of you guys are frantically getting your trucks ready for the get to together? Is there anything I can do to help? Nothing wrong with a party before the party...lol.:D

48D

Should get my motor back next week. I might give you a call. I also finally figured out the linkage for the 2bb Stromberg and factory intake set up. Now we'll see what kind of fabricator I am...

BTW - are you doing the flyer?:)

I'm working on it slowley I should have steering column in seats are mounted I don't think I'll have it running by then though might need a trailer again if thats ok pleeeease :rolleyes:

Bryan

48D

No problem Bryan ....its a tradition really..lol.

Had a great time visting with you Jeff...glad to see you online!

Awesome Jim...can wait to the dual set up.

Flyer should be done this week.....

48D