Gauge faces.

B1B Keven

Hey Keven,

What are the chances that they could make a '48 - '50 speedo face but as a clock? In other words same style numbers but as a clock face. I'm sure it'll be a one off, unless you all copy me after I finish what's rattling around in my head. I'm willing to pay what it takes (within reason).

Merle

Hey Keven,

What are the chances that they could make a '48 - '50 speedo face but as a clock? In other words same style numbers but as a clock face. I'm sure it'll be a one off, unless you all copy me after I finish what's rattling around in my head. I'm willing to pay what it takes (within reason).

Merle

Hi Merle,

I think I know what you're going to do. Ya, I'll give it a shot. :)

'48-'50 speedo face artwork is done. The slight ring inside of the numbers will be removed and these will be printed on laser quality, vinyl, self adhesive 5 inch labels.

There will also be a 'dot' for the speedo needle hole.

If someone would send me a '51-'53 speedo face, I'll make them to go along with Hank's gauge faces.

Shoot me a private message (PM) if interested. $40 shipping included.

post-6239-13585365602959_thumb.jpg

Edited by B1B Keven
  • Like 1

You are really doing a nice job with the guage faces. Please let me know if you'd like me to send you the original artwork (specify format). Although I made them available for free, there's a good deal of handwork involved and not everyone wants tediously stamp-out and cut the patterns out by hand.

The tough part of the 48-50 series was the unique font. The black background with white letters is simple enough. The problem with the 51-53 Series is a very tricky blue/green/grey color. Since you've got a guy that is printing onto vinyl he might also be able to fine tune the color match better than I was able to do.

Hey, send me a guage set along with the 51-53 speedometer face once you get that complete!

Hank :)

You are really doing a nice job with the guage faces. Please let me know if you'd like me to send you the original artwork (specify format). Although I made them available for free, there's a good deal of handwork involved and not everyone wants tediously stamp-out and cut the patterns out by hand.

The tough part of the 48-50 series was the unique font. The black background with white letters is simple enough. The problem with the 51-53 Series is a very tricky blue/green/grey color. Since you've got a guy that is printing onto vinyl he might also be able to fine tune the color match better than I was able to do.

Hey, send me a gauge set along with the 51-53 speedometer face once you get that complete!

Will do Hank and thank you for letting me use your artwork as a starting point. :)

You never let me know about the CA license plates. Do you still want them?

Edited by B1B Keven

Sure send them. Guess they'll not do you much good in Vancouver. I'll see if they are able to be registered (clear title) and let you know. The original artwork is in Autocad 2010 but most likely can be converted to whichever your graphics guy is working with, just let me know.

Sure send them. Guess they'll not do you much good in Vancouver. I'll see if they are able to be registered (clear title) and let you know. The original artwork is in Autocad 2010 but most likely can be converted to whichever your graphics guy is working with, just let me know.

I'll get them in the mail shortly.

keven,

51-53 speedo face is in the mail. :)

wally

Thanks Wally!

Speedometer faces are done!

If someone needs help attaching the speedometer face, I'm going to post a 'how to' in the Technical Archives forum.

$40 for speedometer faces, includes shipping.

These are printed on Laser quality, self adhesive vinyl.

Shoot me a PM (Private Message) if interested.

post-6239-13585365652073_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the 52/53 square gauge cluster. Three of the faces are attached by screws, the AMP guage face is "rivited" on. When you put a new surface / decal on these faces, do you remove them from the gauge and if so how do you remove the rivited 'ones'?

I have the 52/53 square gauge cluster. Three of the faces are attached by screws, the AMP guage face is "rivited" on. When you put a new surface / decal on these faces, do you remove them from the gauge and if so how do you remove the rivited 'ones'?

I just trim around the rivet with an X-ACTO knife.

A "plastic stud":D What is that some type of male botox? :D Whatever, I carefully took the back off, is it possible that one could push through from the back and push that "stud" rivet out. Will have to look more closely. Any more I am very carefull when I dismantle.

On my 46 pickup and 48 plymouth gauges there are 2 studs that go through a plastic piece and outside to the 2 nuts that hold it together and hold the wires on. If you remove both nuts you can tap that stud piece out. Its splined to hold it in the plastic. However neither of these hold the face on. If it looks like your "rivet" goes through the face and then plastic and the mechanism and ends up being the stud that the wires go on I suspect it will tap right out.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE.

I'm using a new vendor for my decals.

She was able to match the '51-'53 slate color beautifully.

These decals are made from vinyl. The speedo decal covers the entire face plate.

Unfortunately, the prices have gone up.

$75 for the speedo (full face, no ring around the center).

$75 for the clock.

$50 for the gauge decals.

I'll also fix your broken temp. gauge if you don't want to try it. $40 + return shipping.

post-6239-13585367772398_thumb.jpg

post-6239-13585367773633_thumb.jpg

Edited by B1B Keven
  • Like 1