new man with an ol dodge.

hello everyone, been lurking for few months on the site until i could find the right dodge truck for me to build. and being here in chevy and ford country they not many around. little bit of how i got my 52 dodge. i traded a 64 stepside chevy trk that i had maybe 1,100.00 bucks in.

ok since that is done. i have a 1952 dodge pickup been subframed witha 88 fifth avenue front end,motor and tranny, plus wiring harness so its been converted to 12volts, 88 dodge dakota rearend. it has p.s,p.b, a/c is available if i want to install it, but not much on a/c. i will have plenty of questions and hopefully i can answer some to. i know im only 32 yrs old but i been around cars and trucks my intire life, ive built 3 dodge dakotas 97,99,00. and by built i mean tore down to frame and modified back up.(minitruck style). had few dodge hotrods. so i guess you can say im mechanically skilled. i can work on just about anything. do it myselfer lol.

but i do have few questions regarding my 52.

but also got plenty of extra parts enough for a complete other truck.

1st question:

previous owner swapped doors out with the good set off of the donor truck. the ones on the truck now have the vent window. the old doors that he gave with the truck didnt, had the one piece windows. which i like the one piece window. but also like the vent. i know they r all flat glass and can get cut at local glass company. i pulled all the guts from the one piece doors (they was rotted out in bottom) and they was partial glass in it. enough i can make a template. but here is the question. Did these trucks come with option of 1 piece glass or is the door been modded some?

2nd Question: the door glass since its flat glass will it be the same for both sides? the one piece style or the vent glass style?

3rd question: the front and rear glass (small window) How do they come out? ive heard from inside and from outside? also where can i get the front and back glass rubber from?

thanks a bunch for this board to be available on the web. and as soon as my garage and toy fundage gets back up to a safe operating funds (work on vechicles on side) i will be donating to help support the page?

Welcome to the best place on earth for Pilot House info.

1. Full door windows came in the standard cab. The deluxe and custom cabs had wing/vent windows.

2. Same for both sides.

3. I cut the rubber to remove mine. Here's a link for 'goodies' for your truck:

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/truck_parts.asp

I'm trying to remember the name of the mountain there in Johnson City that everyone goes 'four wheelin' on. When we lived in Hendersonville, we met up with the 4x4Grace club and they took us up that mountain.

thanks kevin and if not mistaken the so called mountain you talking about is bumpass cove, or might even be few others around here. they a bunch little trails and stuff. then they one on buffalo that they closed down. few yrs back.

• Like 1

thanks kevin and if not mistaken the so called mountain you talking about is bumpass cove, or might even be few others around here. they a bunch little trails and stuff. then they one on buffalo that they closed down. few yrs back.

Might be. Is there an old, old cabin about halfway up?

I should've added we were in NC not TN. :D

Edited by B1B Keven

33DD, a belated welcome to you. It appears that Kevin has answered your questions. I have only managed to get rear windows out by pushing them in. I have just re-installed my rear windows with the correct rubber and they went in from the inside.

Be sure to post a couple of pictures of your new truck when you get a chance so we all know what you're working on.

Desotodav

Well I checked out the link and and is the snap or squeeze window rubber hard to install? All the old glass I ever seen u used a rope to get it in? I do have few pics up on gallery. Kevin as far as in NC side we came longtime ago over in there and they might have been ol cabin or house. But been so long can't remember 4 sure

Welcome.

You can make your vent window doors into single pane doors if you wish. Just use the guts from the originals doors and remove the tabs that support the front divider and vent windows. I converted one back the other way by fabricating in the needed tabs.

Also, I recommend getting your window gaskets from Steele Rubber Products. More expensive, but better quality in my opinion.

I have some good friends not far from you in Surgoinsville, and I believe we have another forum member not far from you. I don't recall exactly where, but Elizabethton comes to mind.

Merle

Merle I seen them and got shocked by price. But you get what u pay for. Tinlizzy that's kewl you close by. I need some running boards in any condition. Mine has some rot but fixable with some donor ones for patches. I shoot u a pm if I can.

Welcome,

glad to see you found what you wanted. I live just up the road from you in Mt. Carmel and have a 48 and my doors are bad too. Found a couple but they are really not that good and still looking for real good ones and front fenders to match.

Lee

these doors almost ALWAYS have rotted bottoms....just aplace for the H2O to collect. That's why my rebuild has POR15 all over the inside of the doors!

Kevin as far as in NC side we came longtime ago over in there and they might have been ol cabin or house. But been so long can't remember 4 sure

No, I meant we lived in Hendersonville, NC not TN. :)

As I remember the trail. It started and stopped near town.

Another place we went to was Wind Rock. Just north of Knoxville.

thanks carl glad to be on here. kevin i figured you was talking about hendersonville nc. been over there several times.