Routing of oil & water temp gauge lines

My 1953 B-4-B had no lines to either water temp gauge or the oil pressure gauge when I got it. I've identified the place where the oil line attaches fo the block but need to know its route and where it passes through the fire wall.

The water temp sensor port seems to be on the driver's side on the vertical part of the head very close to the back of the engine. Is this correct? Again, where does the line pass through the fire wall? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My 1953 B-4-B had no lines to either water temp gauge or the oil pressure gauge when I got it. I've identified the place where the oil line attaches fo the block but need to know its route and where it passes through the fire wall.

The water temp sensor port seems to be on the driver's side on the vertical part of the head very close to the back of the engine. Is this correct? Again, where does the line pass through the fire wall? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, the hole on the vertical part at the back of the head is where the temperature sensing bulb goes.

How the lines enter the cab I can't say as that varied between cars and trucks and varied over the years.

Hope these photos work for you. Temp sender is routed through the firewall to your driver's side - mine is a right hand drive truck (but it shouldn't make any difference). Apologies for poor quality - it's a bit dark here at present!

Desotodav

post-7583-13585364320794_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364321125_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364321479_thumb.jpg

Yup, like the other guys said. The temp senser line goes through the oval shaped hole in the center, and there's a clamp that holds it in place along with the throttle and choke, and temp control cables. The oil pressure line goes through up above the wire harness hole, next to the horn bracket.

Here's a shot of mine before I installed the clamp bracket.

P2010402.jpg

And yes, the temp senser bulb goes into the head near the rear on the left side. Seen just to the right of the oil filter.

PC300178.jpg

When dodge truck had the first solenoid starter type after foot starter type?That solenoid I am asking was generally fixed in the firewall or fender.My doubt is "about in what decade?" '40,'50 or '60? :confused:

post-265-13585364392661_thumb.jpg

When dodge truck had the first solenoid starter type after foot starter type?That solenoid I am asking was generally fixed in the firewall or fender.My doubt is "about in what decade?" '40,'50 or '60? :confused:

Don't know when they started it, but the 1963 D200 I once owned had the starter solenoid mounted on the starter.

• 7 years later...