ggdad1951 truck project montage: FEF!

ggdad1951

• 2 months later...

I suspect he's teasing us with the occasional photo. Everything works outs, I may get a chance to take a peek at it by the end of this month, see it in person.

Dave we'll be working on it sat the 21st show up and help :)

I have a person in Monticello who picked up a '50 last fall and he is not very motivated to work on it. Something about it's a Dodge, so I'm thinking I should take him for a ride a show him a real project. I need a address.

Dennis

Mark, I have been looking at your photos on post dated 12-13-11, in this subject.

On the desk is a dark metal panel, has a hole thru it and is twisted ,can you please tell me where it fits on the Dodge?

Mine has been apart for 12 years and that is about the only panel I cannot find a place for. I was about to ask the forum when I saw your pics.

Gordon w

GORDON WRIGHT said:
Mark, I have been looking at your photos on post dated 12-13-11, in this subject.

On the desk is a dark metal panel, has a hole thru it and is twisted ,can you please tell me where it fits on the Dodge?

Mine has been apart for 12 years and that is about the only panel I cannot find a place for. I was about to ask the forum when I saw your pics.

Gordon w

you mean this picture? If so that is a shield for under the engine up front below the rad (I think fuel pump side, I'd have to put it in place to make sure).

2011-12-12193721.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, I had noticed unused holes along lower edge of front clip.

I will get down low today and try it.

gordonw

more along the frame and cross member behind the clip.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I can count out a career as a pinup model! Really nice job getting the details and chassis done well. Makes me wish my paint was better. I'd forgotten how tall these trucks are and the 1 ton really sits up in the air. All in all, good trip.

well, a nice good long day and got a lot done, no pictures really but the following got done (Young Ed and Dennis came to play along with a college buddy of mine):

1. Met Dennis, great to meet ya, and a awesome truck! :)
  2. Pulled apart the carb, still tends to leak a little when first starting the truck, but the float was definitely maladjusted :confused:
  3. Got the oil press line run. Dennis is the MASTER at twisting the thing into place thru all the nooks and crannies!:D Oil press gauge works great! Temp gauge as well:)
  4. Ran most of the electrical except the lights, gas gauge (tank empty) ticks up a LITTLE :), but the AMP meter doesn't twitch:(
  5. Put a few of the wiring keepers I built in
  6. Ran the E-brake cable
  7. Locked down the speedo cable

LONG day, but ready now I believe to get the fenders on!:cool:

I notice you "forgot" to mention we fixed the throttle linkage/cable :D

It was a great day. After working with you all day I came home had dinner and then buddy and I worked on his homemade entertainment center we've been building.

I notice you "forgot" to mention we fixed the throttle linkage/cable :D

It was a great day. After working with you all day I came home had dinner and then buddy and I worked on his homemade entertainment center we've been building.

oh yah, I actually DID forget that.