ggdad1951 truck project montage: FEF!

ggdad1951

I got a chance to see it at last year's btt50's.    I'd seen it in pieces and finally got to see it all together.  that place is huge and my son, his wife and I spent the entire day Saturday keeping a lookout for it, finally found it as we were heading out to go home walking on one of the outer perimeter streets.  Looks really good and sounds as good as it looks.  Excellent truck to use as reference for a restoration or inspiration to go forward on your own project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

We attended Back to the 50s and Mopars in the Park last year.  Hope to do those two again!

Mark and I were both at back to the 50s. Send me a message if you're headed up again.

MoPaRs in the Park is moving location this year to the Washington County grounds from Dakota I heard, a bit of a drive either way for me so likely will be skipping the Park show again.

just realized I never posted pictures from Concours 2 YEARS ago....

morning of show:

269344183_2017-07-3006_19_15.jpg.69b3d7bbd232da4c16ca8e3febfbef3b.jpg

My friend Rocco from Germany (has a nice B1 he did) that came at the same time as the show:

1473998514_2017-07-3016_05_35.jpg.4c00e873706bc0310c2fa0e6180d2128.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have just gotten my grandpa's b-3-d and I really enjoyed this post.  I was curious if you can answer two things:

What is the specs on your tires?  brand, size

Do you have a paint code for the dodge cream color for your rims?  I saw one for your red.

Thanks!

I'll get ya the tire info when I get home from vaca.  Wheel paint info as well if i have it.  Seems if i remember right, i never got the receipe for it. 

I don't think the bed has carried much more than a sign board, couple of lawn chairs and a cooler.  "Working" truck ?, maybe.  I got a chance to see it and hear it in person last June.  Works for me!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:07 AM, scharp said:

Hello, I have just gotten my grandpa's b-3-d and I really enjoyed this post.  I was curious if you can answer two things:

Do you have a paint code for the dodge cream color for your rims?  I saw one for your red.

Thanks!

I keep forgetting to snap a  pic of the tires for you.  Will TRY and remember tonight!  

Sadly the cream color recipe the painter didn't give me.  I think Brent has a good close color tho.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:07 AM, scharp said:

Thanks!

I crossed a code that I found on the forum here to PPG3088. It has the "right" look to me on my truck, but I don't know if it's 100% correct. Hopefully this helps! 

1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Great looking mounting on the passenger side. Have you tried it out yet on the highway? The reason I ask is twofold. I've got another old car which has its passenger side mirror mounted there, and the A pillar blocks the view. I, too, need a passenger side mirror for my '51 (see Avatar), and would like to know where you got yours, and why you needed help from friends. ?

37 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

More likely a grain chute

to answer a few questions.

That s a grain chute and Merle pointed out.

As for the mirror, I am doubtful it will be as useful as the drivers side or the even more useful inside center bar mirror.  Eyeballing it for setup with something in the cab to mimic my head's location, I'll have to do a bit of gymnastics to really see anything with it as it sits so far forward the A pillar looks like it will be in the way.  BUT, it's a passenger mirror!  I like how it balances the truck and honestly how rare they are for this version of the mirror arm.

• 7 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, ggdad1951 said:

Passenger mirror mounted finally!  Had some help from friends!  :D

20190916_181743.jpg.b207b32c616984071d5637e7a10b754f.jpg20190916_181737.jpg.b2783607512bb652e8c29558c2794b58.jpg

Took FEF out for a club cruise today....yah this mirror is totally worthess to use.  Hidden completely by the A pillar, unless you lean WAY  over....not very safe.  Looks nice, but of zero use.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

Took FEF out for a club cruise today....yah this mirror is totally worthess to use.  Hidden completely by the A pillar, unless you lean WAY  over....not very safe.  Looks nice, but of zero use.

Thanks for that update; I was afraid the A pillar would be in the way. Good to know, in case I ever decide to try some kind of passenger side mirror?