ggdad1951 truck project montage: FEF!

ggdad1951

Jeff,

The FD bell housing has a different clutch / brake pedal setup, but they are still susceptible to the same problem. When the pedal bushings get worn the pedals lean to the side and rub the floor as they go up and down and give off a "nails on the chalk board" sound.

I re-bushed mine when I rebuilt the truck so I don't have that problem either.

Merle

• Like 2

Jeff,

The FD bell housing has a different clutch / brake pedal setup, but they are still susceptible to the same problem. When the pedal bushings get worn the pedals lean to the side and rub the floor as they go up and down and give off a "nails on the chalk board" sound.

Merle

And for those who don't want to tear everything apart far enough to rebush after getting everything back together, you can open the slot in the floorboard a little. At least you can on a '33 Plymouth where the holes for the brake and clutch pedals are actually just slots on the removable floorboard.

• Like 1

I like both muscle and original, but seening Marks truck first hand when it was 2/3's done, he truly did do it right.  we all know he makes terrible sports decisions but he nailed his truck. 

See you at back to fifties, hopefully with DC Pete also.

• 3 months later...

Well hank came thru!  Packaged like a champ!  But I think he may have tried to slip me a surprise (look at the box in the background it came in)  ;)

20150401_152223_zpsieh5zlce.jpg

• Like 3

So you've got a super rare factory MOPAR 610-T Model radio (from Japan) now Mark?  :P Hank sure came through with the goods on that one - looks like it's NOS !! I can't wait to see it installed in the FEF truck.

Be sure to post up some pictures when you do the door latch thing on the Todd truck too.  ;)

I had the screeching clutch pedal also.  I solved the problem by finding some 1/8 inch   round baler belt and cutting holes out for the clutch and brake pedals and then screwed it to the metal floor board.  It now rubs on he belt instead of the steel floor board.  You could use any kind of flat belting but the round baler belt was easy to come by on my brothers the farm.

Jeff,

Merle

My '55 has a screechy brake pedal. In my case I think it's because one of the PO's took the body off the frame and did not install the correct double thickness body-frame mount at the driver side front corner. Further evidence is the large fender to driver's door gap that gets wider near the bottom. Obviously not a small job, but not impossible. While I gather the ambition to fix this correctly, I took a rat tail file to the hole in the floor and gave the brake pedal some more room.

Buzz kill.....I was gonnna mention The Spirit, and The Phantom....but forget it now. :P  

And Mr. Peabody's dog Sherman ...

Edit - LOL, Getting old. Got it backwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owB6zFSZbng

Edited by TrampSteer

Jonh,

I think I have 3 radios left. One is close to being finished, but I have to hunt down some power units either model P62 or P82 will work. In most cases when someone  discovers a radio in a junk yard they pull the radio but not the power unit.

Hank :)  

Although I've only rebuilt 610-T's most of you guys might have the 801 and 802 model radios. I have a wonderful mentor, Meade (comissions my rebuilds). and Meade tells me the 8901 & 802 radios are more difficult to rebuild. I gues I should ask if any of you have any basket-case ones that you know you'll never use, I might like to start to define what must be done to get them into working order. I'll pay shipping and pay it forward to someone out there.

Thanks,

Hank  :)

well FEF got his wake up call today.  No mice, no issues except after sitting that long I have a small weep at the fuel line nut on the tank.

20150418_133934_zpsunm7r7df.jpg

20150418_134606_zpsbdgb2wfd.jpg

20150418_143021_zpslownn7vn.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

So the 2015 Midwest MoPaRs in the park...I managed to grab this bad boy for my class:

Which means I will now have to find my way down there next year (longer drive since I hope to be moving if my house ever sells) but I would be in the "Winners Circle" judging for the truck class.  Considering what the abomination that won this year looked like....

20150531_144610_zpsevcs0ohq.jpg.3efebe36c359ab016293b4a849eec624.jpg

now I know I have my opinions, but this poor guy is just fugly.  some paint was gloss, some was matte, some was runny some was orange peeled...just a horrible paint job and the front clip was screwed together underneath with a bunch or random sheet metal...sorry, I felt bad for the truck.  Not my style at all.

20150531_122652_zpskxdrl2ms.jpg.8c0e1e2ded87e67bd12bb42beec7038d.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So yesterday Ed came and helped me move all my truck parts from my old city to my new country location. At the end of loading up the truck full of parts, we decided to bring FEF home as well. Ed followed me in the U Haul while FEF got to take his tour of the big city on the way home. I would post pictures of all this fun, but lightning last night hit my cable line and took out my modem, router, DVD player and new LED TV. So no internet for me where it's easy to load pictures. Look for some pictures on Tuesday. Ed can contest that I was driving 50 miles an hour almost the whole way. I think a tachometer might show that I can do 55.

• 1 month later...