Which Spark Plug

Roger the Dodger

I pulled the plugs in my D40 today to clean and gap them. They were all good and only one needed resetting. The problem is I made a note of the Plug Number and did a web search to check availability, and they are not on any conversion chart. Plugs are "Bosch Super R09366". What are you blokes using ? The original in the workshop manual is "Pyrox PT14BS" a brand I have never heard of in Australia.Thanks.

• 5 years later...

Did you get anywhere with this? I started to work on my SP25-2 engine today Only to find the spark plugs need replacing Like you the service manual for the 1955 Desoto Diplomat ( SP25 ) says Pyrox PT14BS ( 14mm gap .028-0.032 in ). The plugs in my engine are Presolite 14 E6

Pyrox was an Australian company that made Bosh plugs under license but I can not find anything under the Bosh site.

Alternatives to the  Presolite 14 E6 are Autolie 425, NGK B5HS NGK stk 4210.I hope this helps. I believe the Desoto was sitting in a paddock for over 40 years.

G'day Mark

Here's a link to the Champion plug catalogue. Vintage (pre 1966) Desotos and Dodges are on page 109. Chryslers are on page 108. Plymouths are on page 115. 

http://www.motospecs.com.au/assets/files/downloads/Champion_Spark_Plugs_Catalogue_2010(V1s).PDF

Rick