Fuel tank sending unit OHM reading

Frank Blackstone

73ohms empty...10ohms full. According to the Tanks inc. chart for ordering their various sending units for their p15 tanks. I just happened to be looking at this before I saw your post..Now to make it work with my 12v system, hmmmm..

That sounds like a single wire sender. The P15 era uses a two wire sender which is quite a different beast...

Getting tired of my manual gauge ie...pull rag out of sender hole and inspect with flashlight. I got my tank from tanks inc and just noticed that they have a sending unit with stock values for $30, not a bad price. However, I am now 12v so Im thinking a runtz resistor will help marry everything.

Some people say the guage work fine on 12v. I put a Runtz in mine. Got it from Speedway.

Some people say the guage work fine on 12v. I put a Runtz in mine. Got it from Speedway.

I used a Runtz in my 47. Worked about 3 days and burned out. Been running straight 12 volts ever since and the gauge doesn't seem to mind. Still working.

I'm also planning to get my factory fuel guage working! My car has been changed to 12v negative ground before I bouhght it. I noticed not only are the (2) wires leading to the fuel tank disconnected under the trunk cover, I stumbled across what looks like (3) wires disconnected from the guage as well..........Can anyone help me with wire colors and location and/or trick to getting my fuel guage working again!

Thanks in advance,

-bottlethrottle