OT--Transporting a Vehicle

Joe Flanagan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dream about stuff like that when I'm sitting in meetings at work: "Let's see. I could just get a Chinook and . . ."

I imagine the fuel costs would be a killer, not to mention homeland security freaking out over what the heck was flying over the country. Plus, not every Motel 6 has space in their parking lot for one of those things to set down for the evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for asking, Don. What a story. I finally found an independent hauler listed on the HAMB who's going to deliver it in the next couple of weeks. I should have just hired him to begin with and spent the money at the outset (1300). NEVER have I gotten a stronger lesson in You Get What You Pay For. By trying to cheap out (and out of my own ignorance), I hired a transport broker that claimed they could to it for under 700. I should have known they wouldn't have gotten anyone to make that run for so little money. I paid them a $150 deposit with my Visa card--something else you should never do--and they refuse to return it. I could go on for pages about the sleazy stuff they've done, but what's the point. Basically, they lied through their teeth. I called the owner and told him I wanted my deposit back and he came up with every lame excuse he could think of why he should get to keep it. He offered to give me half. He actually tried to negotiate how much he was going to steal from me. I told him I wanted all of it. Then he said, "Then you'll get nothing." I called him everything I could think of and slammed the phone down. First I got on the phone with Visa and they refunded my money. They'll now go after him to collect it. Next stop: The Florida attorney general's office. They referred me to the dept. of consumer affairs, where I filed a complaint. Then I complained to the local Better Business Bureau. Then I posted a scathing review on Ripoff Report and two other transport review web sites. This isn't the first time this guy has done this. Just for future reference, the company is A2Z Auto Shipping (also known as A2Z Logistics) out of Palm Beach Gardens, FL. The owner's name is Kurt Mitstifer. He's also involved in real estate down there.

True, I got myself into this but it doesn't give them the right to steal. That's a long answer to your question. I should have the truck by the end of the month and I'll post pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got a call from the man in Arizona from whom I bought my '56 Chevy pickup and it has been loaded and is now in its way out here to Virginia. It will be here on Saturday. As it happens, I am at a really exciting point with the Plymouth. I just got my re-lined brake shoes back from Tennessee Clutch and Supply and am now ready to do the brakes. Then it will be pedals, floor panel, driveshaft, and seat, all in pretty quick succession. Then I can see how she moves under her own power. BUT: I will have a new project on my hands. The truck needs a bit of work in order to be drive-able and I have to tend to that first since it's going to be my daily driver. I'll be having a lot of fun working on the truck but the Plymouth will be calling me. It's a good problem to have.

Joe,

If you are a member of the AACA then also report this transporter to them. If he is also a member of AACA they will drop his membership and this will also put him on a list of not to do business with for all AACA members.

This is one time when the large membership of the AACA can affect a business.

Just my 2 cents

Rich Hartung

Joe,

If you are a member of the AACA then also report this transporter to them. If he is also a member of AACA they will drop his membership and this will also put him on a list of not to do business with for all AACA members.

This is one time when the large membership of the AACA can affect a business.

Just my 2 cents

Rich Hartung

Thanks, Rich. I will look into that first thing tomorrow. It would be great if he has some consequences for this.

Chet; Is that wide white, skinny white, blackwall, or raised white letter tires?

Don,

The other tire.

tire[1]

/tuyeur/, v., tired, tiring.

v.t.

1. to reduce or exhaust the strength of; make weary.

2. to exhaust the interest or patience of; bore.

v.i.

3. to have the strength reduced or exhausted; be or become weary or fatigued.

4. to have one's interest or patience exhausted; become bored: to tire of playing games.

[bef. 900; late ME (Scots) tyren (v.), OE tyrian, var. of teorian to weary, be wearied]

Chet...

Don,

The other tire.

tire[1]

/tuyeur/, v., tired, tiring.

v.t.

1. to reduce or exhaust the strength of; make weary.

2. to exhaust the interest or patience of; bore.

v.i.

3. to have the strength reduced or exhausted; be or become weary or fatigued.

4. to have one's interest or patience exhausted; become bored: to tire of playing games.

[bef. 900; late ME (Scots) tyren (v.), OE tyrian, var. of teorian to weary, be wearied]

Chet...

Thanks Chet;

Cleared it right up:D

Good morning Joe. I guess today is the day — hope all goes well for you with the arrival and unloading.

Some of my very favourite pictures of my cars are firsts... the first time I saw them, first drives, moving day, etc. I know you're going to take lots of pictures today, please be sure to get a few of the truck still loaded, as it's coming off the trailer, maybe even as the transport is pulling up, etc.

Good luck!

Good morning Joe. I guess today is the day — hope all goes well for you with the arrival and unloading.

Some of my very favourite pictures of my cars are firsts... the first time I saw them, first drives, moving day, etc. I know you're going to take lots of pictures today, please be sure to get a few of the truck still loaded, as it's coming off the trailer, maybe even as the transport is pulling up, etc.

Good luck!

Chris,

I can't say that you are not on top of things. Joe everything he said.

Chet...