Possible Barn Find - 47 P15 Woodie

Charlie Olson

While I was attending the Friday morning surfing beach party, at WaveCrest, I decided to clean out my wood trash can; which was full of out dated car event flyers, old raffle tickets, product decals, etc.. At the very bottom, I discovered a biz card from Y-KNOT Woodworking (Handyman Services), that I don't remember having seen before I found it at the bottom of my trash can. On the back was a hand written note that read: I have a "47" w/Parts For Sale. So, there I was in SoCal, at the Beach, with my Woodie car and find a note about a "47" Woodie, back in AZ. I immediately called the gentleman, apologized for not having called sooner and asked him when he put the biz card in my car. He saw PLYWOOD at the Annual 7th Avenue Street Fair/Car Show, March of 2011, and thought I might be interested in the Woodie. He represents that the Woodie is a 'basket case', but has most of the Woodie parts in boxes, etc. The wood is shot and this car has been sitting in his garage for 25 years. Art Butler and I are going to go see it, next Wednesday, with flashlights and cameras. He was going to try to unbury the car, but I told him to wait to see if it was worth the effort and that Art and I would be happy with just a first "uncovered" look see. I have never had the opportunity to be the first one to see a "barn find", so I am very excited for next Wednesday to arrive. I'll keep you all posted.

Charlie Olson, Lead Barn Scout, The Wood Car Company

I am very well aware that this nice man has held onto this Woodie car for many years because he had a dream about possibly restoring it. Art and I shall view this car with the right attitude that we have been allowed to have the first look, after 25 years of abiding time in a garage capsule. I am still astonished that he chose me to see this Woodie, for the first time in 25 years, based only on his seeing my pride in PLYWOOd, since I have never met this man.