swan neck mirrors

Plymouthy Adams

I do not normally do this but this looks to be a great deal..over 10 sets available..so it is not like there will be a bidding war either..BUY IT NOW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLISHED-STAINLESS-STEEL-SWAN-NECK-STYLE-MIRRORS-4-/130561632522?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6614690a

Edited by Tim Adams

...guy ought to at least buy me a coffee...

That is my point. Posting a multiple unit buy it now does everyone here a favor as long as they strike when the iron is hot. Posting a single item normal (as in not a buy it now) auction hurts the guy who found the item on his own and placed a snipe or proxy bid. But you already know this.

Just a note, all of them were sold out on this auction, but they posted more on another auction.

Link to that one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLISHED-STAINLESS-STEEL-SWAN-NECK-STYLE-MIRRORS-4-/120766594677?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1e3ffe75

Now one of you guys just needs to let us know what you think of them when you get them:)

Henco n Mexico, or henco n china

Not a lot of money. Lets us know if it is a suitable driver quality or just cheesy crap:p

Now one of you guys just needs to let us know what you think of them when you get them:)

Henco n Mexico, or henco n china

Not a lot of money. Lets us know if it is a suitable driver quality or just cheesy crap:p

I agree, I have similar foreign made clip on mirrors, they look okay though. My goal is to someday find a pair of Chrysler T&C mirrors, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it or a lottery....

My goal is to someday find a pair of Chrysler T&C mirrors, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it or a lottery....

Therein my friend is the simplicity of these mirrors..get them now have the look and you can bet all this stuff is now made overseas somewhere so what you going to do...wait till some American company offers these in all stainless maybe for the same price..every price any America chrome process for piece this size..any size really..yeah right..wait on..if an American company made these you could probably afford the original T&C's if you could find them that is...and I am sure the majority of cars on here are daily driven with a few other mods already in place..its not like you in concourse judging event daily..but hey..save your green stamp you could get lucky..I bought a similar set and am happy to have them...I feel these will be a bit more useful compared to a sharp curved flip on that mounts on top of the door..I know..I have owned these also..

I'm curious. What is the special advantage of these swan neck mirrors. How are they attached that are different from the regular mirrors? Are they more secure and don't rattle around? I wouldn't mind replacing mine if I know there is a definite upgrade. Ed

Therein my friend is the simplicity of these mirrors..get them now have the look and you can bet all this stuff is now made overseas somewhere so what you going to do...wait till some American company offers these in all stainless maybe for the same price..every price any America chrome process for piece this size..any size really..yeah right..wait on..if an American company made these you could probably afford the original T&C's if you could find them that is...and I am sure the majority of cars on here are daily driven with a few other mods already in place..its not like you in concourse judging event daily..but hey..save your green stamp you could get lucky..I bought a similar set and am happy to have them...I feel these will be a bit more useful compared to a sharp curved flip on that mounts on top of the door..I know..I have owned these also..

Hey Tim, not boo-birding these mirrors, as they are a nice lookin specimen. And hey there was a time when Japan did not make the higehest quality products, so maybe there is hope for China yet.

Here is a pic of the type of clip on with set-screws, smoke and mirrors I am using, from Roberts.

I kinda like the swan necks better, and may order a pair.

post-114-13585363066095_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585363066395_thumb.jpg

don't understand your response here Tim. I am sure that your post of these mirrors is appreciated.

As far as the boo birds being dead and gone, were you not a charter member in that club............................:)

come on..even you can do better than that..for those that don't have about 450 dollars for a set of original swan necks if they did become available are probably very happy with these so why should others mock their purchase..to see it any other way is to have your head buried in the sand..me think your membership is still quite in effect

come on..even you can do better than that..for those that don't have about 450 dollars for a set of original swan necks if they did become available are probably very happy with these so why should others mock their purchase..to see it any other way is to have your head buried in the sand..me think your membership is still quite in effect

Tim, not trying to argue with you , or out debate you, as I know I am unqualified to do so:) The point of my post, and take it as boo bird if you must, was I would like to find out what is being offered for under $13 each.(and apparently at a profit to the seller, or they would not be doing it) I certainly do not expect them to compare in any way to a $450 set, or a $200 set. The seller seems to be OK, but sometimes its a "get what you pay for situation", so again my question to be answered by those making the purchase is, are you happy with the set? That being said, I am done with this thread:)

What seems to be the trouble here, I certainly always appreciate info on items such as these mirrors Tim.

I mentioned they look like a nice looking specimens, and would have ordered a set, but have the clip-ons I have now. I may still order them, as they look better than what I have currently using.

If my posts to this thread, were seen to be negative, which I certianly did not intend, I will refrain from opinion in the future.

IMHO, these mirrors look like a fine purchase, and I would beleive our readers appreciated the Ebay link, and the heads up........

I'll jump in here on the question about quality. For the money, I really think these mirrors are one of the best values I have found on eBay. I have a set on my '32 Desoto convertible coupe which has won awards at nearly every car show that I've entered it in, including the Portland Roadster Show, the Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance and Goodguys. Pretty good for less than $30 a pair.

I'm happy enough with my first set to have bought a second set for my '47 Plymouth convertible project. Convertibles, of course, have no place to hang the clip-on type mirrors so these work really well. I really like the graceful swan neck design too.

If you buy a set, make sure that you set the passenger mirror as far forward as you can because the mirror adjustment range is a little limited.

For the record, I am not the seller nor do I even know him/her. :cool: