OT- 2011 Ford Fusion SE hubcap removal

desoto1939

Just wanted to provide an FYI regarding the 2011 Ford Fusion SE model that has the full plastic hubcaps installed.

The manual does not tell you that you need to remove all of the lug nuts to get the wheel cover off the wheel. Most tire jockys will try to use a screw driver to pry the wheel cover off the rim and then the plastic cover will break into pieces.

So you need to loosen the 5 wheel nuts prior to jacking the car up then remove the lug nuts then you can take off the plastic full hub cap.

If you have a younger driver, son or daughter or even a friend that has one of these cars plese remind them of this procedure or they willbe purchasing a new hubcap in the future. I also verified this with the local Ford Dealer.

Just trying to save someone the cost of buying a hubcap.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

lots of the later model cars have these security caps on..being plastic and all and based on the number of lost caps on cars witout these features..you can see the logic...

and for the record..I know this was not new at this time either but even the hubcaps on my 54 Plymouth are secured with three of the 5 lug nuts..

Ya except the little plastic screw on deals wear out too. My sisters 99 century has horrible rattles in it because some of them are worn out and make noise. My Dads 00 GMC 1/2 ton has steel wheels with a chrome decorative cover that now has rust on it and pushes the center caps off. GM crap.........