Thoughts and Prayers

P-12 Tommy

Hi guys, A few days ago I had to admit my girlfriend Terri to Holmes Regional Hospital in Melbourne, Fl because of complications from radiation treatment she had to cure cervical cancer she had three years ago.:( I thought I'd ask you guys to do me a favor and keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She going to have a biopsy done of several organs tomorrow morning. I'll try to update. As we speak I'm on my way back to the hospital which is five miles from here.

Thank you so much, Tom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

About 3 1/2 years ago my Lady Wife Lynn was diagnosed with the same cancer and I asked forum members for what you just asked. Lynn, who was 53 at the time, recovered so quickly and thoroughly that her surgeon and radiologist both said she was more like 25 years old. Thoughts and prayers from forum members worked a miracle for her and there's no reason to not expect the same for Terri, and you can bet we'll be returning the favor in full force.

God bless!

Lynn & Randy St. John

Edited by randroid

Tom,

I am almost in the same situation. My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with cancer after going in for a checkup for back pain. She has cancer in her brain, spine, and they say it originated in her lungs. She of course never smoked and she is beside herself to figure out why. A young and vibrant woman suddenly faced with the fight of her life. I told my brother-in-law that if there is a maker that we meet when we die, I personally have a number of questions and he certainly has some explaining to do.

Chet…

A sincere thanks to all of you guys!! I just got home about a half hour ago and they decided to do the biopsy today. So now we have to wait a day or two 'cause they sent it out. The people at the hospital are really great and we are all making her as comfortable as possible. Of course lately the pickins were getting slim as far as the student count for the real estate school. As soon as she goes in the phone's been ringing off the hook. And it's overwelming me. So her daughter and son-in-law are gonna help me with all the calls. So with that I'm gonna hit the sack and get ready for tomorrow. So thanks again and I'll update later.

Tom

Tommy,

I pray that the Lord will give you and Terri strength and comfort during this time as well as providing wisdom and forsight to the Doctors and Nurses who will be treating her. Lay your burdens at his feet and trust that he is in control.

Here is a link to a thread in the HAMB Chapel that I just posted. Terri will have a number of Prayer Warriors from that site as well.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?&do=discuss&groupid=186&discussionid=&gmid=398179#gmessage398179