'49 for sale in my area

Bakersfield, Ca. 93312

I had heard about this truck so I went & found it today. It's in pretty nice shape, but pretty steep price I think. By the color of what's in the fuel bowl, I'd say it's not currently running. As clean as it is though, it may just need a tune-up? Bonus features: rear bumper & heater.

Bryan

post-7616-13585362109278_thumb.jpg

post-7616-13585362109997_thumb.jpg

post-7616-13585362110282_thumb.jpg

I don't think this too bad a price for the shape it's in. You could give it a good wax job and it's ready to roll. My truck was in this shape when I got it with just a new paint job, it was never restored. So each year I work on a new project, the first year I did the engine compartment clean up and refurb.

I took the front clip off, cleaned, painted, re-hosed, re-wired, and added gaskets and stuff, then reassembled. Took a month but then I had it to use the rest of the summer. The next year it was radial tires and front disk brakes.

This year it was rear disks and the rear axle. Next year I'll do the window channels. You get the idea, restore a bit at a time, use it for a driver.

Edited by Dennis_MN
Spell

You do have a good point Dennis. Around here though you'd need a Ford or Chevy to get that price; & it's already been reduced. We're a big car town but I think most people here are in to whats "popular"; like high dollar street rods & '57 Chevy's, & definitely not flat head 6 cylinders. Which drives me even more to get my truck on the road & drive it absolutely everywhere.:D

Bryan

Last night while searching through old threads, I stumbled upon another member's blog in which he had posted the current value of a pilot house according to the NADA guide. The price listed for a truck in fair condition was right around the price of this truck. So he's not as far off as I thought. I've always been fascinated by the differences in the value of vehicles depending on where you live.

Bryan