all things doors

ok, getting ready to have the parts CAD plated. I'm thinking the following seem appropriate after looking at them.

going off the picture posted below:

23-64-50 retainer

23-39-53 retainer

23-09-52 channel

23-39-5 regulator

and the door handle/latch mechanisms.

does that sound right?

Mark, I think that CAD plating is a good move. I have zinc plated everything that I could inside and out during my rebuilt. I'm hoping that this relatively cheap process will protect the parts a little better from rust down the track. I learned that it is best to remove the spring from the regulator prior to zinc plating the regulators, as the process seems to weaken the spring material causing the spring to break.

I left the 23-09-51 channel down at the painter's when I was there the other day. I'll have some measurements for you on it during the week.

Take care when re-installing the bottom channel (23-09-52) back onto the glass - they need to go on the right way to allow the retainers (23-39-53) to fit on properly. I got my door windows parts mixed up, so guess which way I put mine back on! The second photo attached shows the wrong way to attach the channel (23-09-52) to the glass! I have since rectified the error.

I'm hoping to have my door windows back in the truck this weekend if all goes to plan.

Desotodav

post-7583-13585362051661_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585362051973_thumb.jpg

thanks again for the measurments. I have two extra sets of parts to make these (unwelded so you could make drivers or passenger) to anyone who wants them.

• 11 months later...

ok, I've plowed thru my pictures (2800+) and no clear pictures of how the division bar mates up with the bottom channel or clearly showing the orientaion between the two parts! It appeaes to be bolted/screwed on, but for the life of me I can't find the screws/bolts.

Any pictures or help would be greatly appreciated so I can have this read for the window glass this Tuesday.

I'm gonna have to host a gathering someday for all the help from you guys!:eek:

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...