Rims...Help

jorswift

Stock P15 wheels will not look right with Spider Caps because of the hubcap clips. What you would need to do is either remove the hubcap clips or find a later model Mopar/Ford steel OEM style wheel without the clips.

I think you are looking for something like this. These are called Spider Caps and a new set will run you around $150 - $200. You can get pretty much the same look by going with push in chrome bullets in the center and chrome lug nuts if you convert to studs or chrome lug bolts if you can find them.

The wheel with the clips is actually a Lincoln wheel but I couldn't find a decent photo of a P15 wheel with the clips. You will get the idea though, the clips sticking up around the spider caps would look kind of cheezy.

post-1152-13585361810606_thumb.jpg

post-1152-13585361810949_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
th_wheels001.jpg

th_wheels002.jpg

I have a set of 5 Road Runner wheels for my 38. 7 inch wide, by 15 inch..:cool: They were not in great shape, but after alot of prep, they do look pretty good...

Those aren't Roadrunner wheels. 78 had some similar wheels as part of an "Super Coupe" option package, but they don't have the "nubs" for hub caps. The wheels you have are from a late 70's cop car.

Those aren't Roadrunner wheels. 78 had some similar wheels as part of an "Super Coupe" option package, but they don't have the "nubs" for hub caps. The wheels you have are from a late 70's cop car.
You are right! I had a '78 Fury Ohio State Patrol 440 Intersepter and those are the wheels!

Tom

Thanks for the info. The guy I got my wheels from had 3 Road Runners, early 70s I believe, that he had taken these wheels off and replaced with mags.

A friend of mine has owned a 68 Road Runner for many years. His stock wheels are very plain with the small hub caps.