Good Guy's Loveland Show This Weekend

randroid

Gents,

The Good Guys are putting on a car show in Loveland this weekend and I'm curious if anybody plans on attending. It's at The Ranch (Larimer County Fairgrounds) Friday-Sunday and you'll see me barbecuing funnel cakes just inside the main gate Saturday and Sunday. (Well, maybe they aren't barbecued but I'll find out when I get there because I've never seen one much less tried to cook one. I just picked up a gig doing it for two days and I expect that by Sunday night I'll have a handle on it.)

They're advertising over 2000 entrants and I would enjoy meeting anyone from the forum who might be in the area. I was out there today talking with my new mini-employers and there were already dozens of cars in the lots, and Lordy did they look sweet! Mostly roadsters and muscle cars so far and as much as I enjoy our cars to be stock there's no denying those show cars can look mighty fine.

I'll try to get some pictures and then I'll try to get them posted but this computer still isn't up to snuff so that part is more iffy than me roasting a funnel cake medium-rare on the first flip.

-Randy

Edited by randroid

Randy .... if the fishing in Wyoming works out as planned :eek: I'll be out to the Ranch Sunday AM before everyone leaves. Of course .... that could be as early as late Saturday if we get back into town sooner than expected. I'll look you up if all pieces fit as planned.

I guess I don't get out to "carnivals, fairs, sporting events, and seaside resorts" enough, so I had to lookup what the heck a "funnel cake" was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnel_cake

Yup, that's a funnel cake. Also good with chocklate sauce drizzled over the powdered sugar. Mmm, mmm good. Now I'm getting hungry. ;)

Merle

JIPJOBXX,

I agree with you 100%, and when they add an $18 admission fee it is a true slap in the face of everybody there, but GG is making a lot of money from it and isn't that the most important thing?

If I didn't have a pass to get in free they'd never see me but the shows are heavily attended so there must be somebody who wants to see shiny cars with lots of shiny parts.

-Randy

Mongo LIKE Funnel Cake ...... Mongo NOT FIND Randroid at Funnel Cake .... Randroid out gawking at nice cars and pretty scenery ..... Mongo eat Funnel Cake all up.

Edited by Johnny S

And $18 is WAY too much .... but at least this year I found a real Mopar bargain at the swap meet .... scored a pair of P18 fender skirts for a true "I don't know what these are and want to get rid of them" price.