BobT-47P15 are you OK

RobertKB

Bob, I am so glad to hear that you and family are OK. You are in my prayers, and so are all those who were not so fortunate. Material goods are not so important when you realize your loved ones are what truly matter to a man.

You know you have here on this forum something almost like another extended family. Even though some of us here just lurk in the background and rarely post, we still have a common bond through our cars.

We gather and hang out at this website from all over. When I heard about the tragedy in Joplin, you came to my mind immediately. I am not at all surprised that other folks here had the same first thought too.

Not sure about your faith, but just a suggestion for a short read:

PSALMS 46:1-4

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear about this Bob. The main point is all of your family is OK. In some way good things will come out of this.

Wish you and your family the best.

Bob

Bob, glad u and family were not hurt in the tornado. House, cars,etc. can be replaced. I live in hurricane territory, but tornados are more frightening to me. There is very little warning and they are so unpredictable.

Good luck.

Bob

In re-reading you post, sounds like you WERE in the house''hunkered down in the bathroom " ..WOW ! THAT would be scary.........my offer to help still stands.... we have a lot of tornado threats here in Kansas, about 40 miles away, and it does get kinda scary ! We have a basement with a sauna that I built, we call the sauna our tornado room, we have gone down in the basement a couple times , , but not in the sauna yet

I can't imagine the challenges ahead of you, but hope that they all pass without to much personal pain. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

It's good to hear that you (and family) are alright Bob. I saw pictures of your damaged town on the news here in Oz last night. It would appear that there were many that were not so fortunate as to only losing their homes or belongings. I think that the reporter described it well as "total devastation" according to the pictures. Our thoughts and prayers are with those families that were less fortunate. Best wishes to you and family during the rebuilding stage.

Desotodav

Bob & family

Very concerned for you and your community over there - the media has shown the scale of the disaster and its a terrible event. I'm glad you're okay and I wish you all the very best with a quick recovery.

Your extended forum 'family' in Australia will be thinking of you.

Rob.

Glad that everyone is ok.... I know I haven`t been on here in a while, but when I saw the news this morning, I had to come online to see how everyone was. Since I had no internet connection where I was, I had to wait until now to be able to write... (travelled 6 hrs home). Glad Bob and the family are ok. Material can be replaced... Bob and the family can`t be replaced. Take care.

Allan

Bob, glad you guys are OK. My parents and brother over near Webb City are OK, and may have a spot for the convertible if you need it.

I called Bob this AM. His spirits are OK but in his words his house is a gonner. He said his son-in-law Dale came down to assist and they were on there way to whats left of the house when I called. I can only imagine how devestating it must be to lose everything in the blink of an eye.