New member in need of parts for my B1B

Hello out there! I recently purchased a 49 1/2 ton and I am looking for a few parts! Luckily none to get me on the road (just need to get her to stay running off the choke!) I have put up a few photos if anyone is interested. I am the third fourth owner, however its been in two families. It doesnt need a whole lot, Im pretty impressed with the shape shes in but theres always room for improvement!

If anyone has access to these parts pm me please!

Seat, Running boards, Both sun visors, Battery box, steering wheel.

Thanks in advance!

post-7775-13585360783395_thumb.jpg

post-7775-1358536078421_thumb.jpg

welcome!

plans for a battery box in the pilot's knowledge section...I'd guess most originals are pretty swiss cheese after acid spils over the years.

drivers visors might be around, but passenger ones seem pretty rare, but there is awhole thread on that....

welcome!

plans for a battery box in the pilot's knowledge section...I'd guess most originals are pretty swiss cheese after acid spils over the years.

drivers visors might be around, but passenger ones seem pretty rare, but there is awhole thread on that....

A link would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Hank :)

Welcome to the Forum. Members are a great source of information and sometimes spare parts. Great looking Deluxe 5 window cab and body you have. You didn't say much about whether its all stock or custom not that it matters, but we would all like to see more on the engine compartment and interior. And what part of the country you live. DPETCA has a map of members around the world.

As mentioned, there aren't after-market suppliers for these parts, mostly from parts trucks and sometimes (most times) a bit worn. Just keep posting reminders of your needs and eventually you will fill your wish list. There is a Parts Needed section also. For most DYI subjects try the Search Function in the masthead. There aren't many areas members have not experienced in the last ten years of the Forum.

Again, Welcome Aboard.

Welcome to the Forum. Members are a great source of information and sometimes spare parts. Great looking Deluxe 5 window cab and body you have. You didn't say much about whether its all stock or custom not that it matters, but we would all like to see more on the engine compartment and interior. And what part of the country you live. DPETCA has a map of members around the world.

As mentioned, there aren't after-market suppliers for these parts, mostly from parts trucks and sometimes (most times) a bit worn. Just keep posting reminders of your needs and eventually you will fill your wish list. There is a Parts Needed section also. For most DYI subjects try the Search Function in the masthead. There aren't many areas members have not experienced in the last ten years of the Forum.

Again, Welcome Aboard.

Thank you! It is mostly stock, a few things have been changed but im in the process of returning it to stock. It has been converted to a twelve volt system and the idiot who owned it before liked plywood (running boards, bed, battery box, glove box, he even built a "cubby" above the windsheild for a radio and headlight switch) It also has a seat that doesnt quite fit from lord knows what car, and obviously non original wheels. The original flathead six is up and running though it wont idle without the choke yet. I will post more photos!

Well, a header panel radio is correct for Power Giants... 57-60 trucks, my grandpa's 60 had a radio. I plan to install my radio and maybe a CB in my 49 that same way.

If he used it as a working truck occasionally a plywood bedfloor is not unusual. Relatively inexpensive, easy to repair the inevitable scratches. Again, my 49 is going to most likely have a 3/4" or 13/16th" marine grade plywood floor so I can haul stuff to the farmer's market without messing up a show bed.

I found the stock seat cushion in mine (even with the air-o-ride option) was rather uncomfortable. My latest bottom cushion is out of a V8 4spd, 1956 one ton if i remember right. Not great, but better than the stocker. I do have a car bottom cushion in the barn, if it fits it is going in, if not the truck gets a 92 Ranger seat. Buckets just look wrong in a 1940s pickup.

Roberts Motors used to have replacement gloveboxes, but they are stock cardboard. Mine had been reinforced with 1950s interior paneling, so had the kickpanels. Wish I still had them, they actually looked good.

Nice looking truck. Mine is a 3 window base model. With those same headlight covers (well, one, can't find the other one). And one 15 stainless steel spoke wheelcover (looks really nice, wish I had more of them).

Edited by Scruffy49

I can imagine the seats werent comfortable! I just need an original frame, i can make a new cushion and upholster it myself. The seat thats in it now is jammed in there so tight you cant fold it forward for storage, also it is not bolted down as it still has the sliders attached from whatever vehicle its out of! I was wondering however if the original seat folded up as well for storage in the box underneath the seat..

Stock 49 seat the rear cushion flips up and you can then raise the bottom cushion. Good luck finding a decent frame, I think they changed in 50 or 51. Cushions worth rebuilding are even scarcer. It took me 5 years to find a rebuildable that would fit the seat frame, and it is not for the right year. Forgot to pull the cushion to cushion latching brackets off my junk 49 base cushion.

I've had my truck for 20 something years, finally getting around to the proper resto-modding job it so desperately requires.

welcome!

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/battery/battery.htm

drivers visors might be around, but passenger ones seem pretty rare, but there is a whole thread on that....

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=26670

there ya go...LINKS!

Also Roberts Motor Parts has glove boxes as well.

Edited by ggdad1951

Welcome to the forum. Where in NY are you located? I know of a couple of parts trucks that may be a source for your seat frame. I've got the original seat cushions and frame in my '49 and it is very comfortable, but has been reupholstered. The choke problem at idle sounds like the idle circuit in your carb may be partially blocked. To see if its something simple, make sure the idle adjustment screw isn't all the way in. You could also try removing the screw and giving it a shot of air through the screw hole. Mike

Thanks for all the help! I'm from a town west of Rochester NY. I pulled the carb last week and cleaned and inspected every Nook and cranny, I'm hoping once it burns off all the old gas the problem will resolve. He other issue I've been having is wig the vacuum advance line. It seems much too loose and I'm assuming that's what is causing the truck to not reach speeds over 40 mph.. any suggestions??

Edited by '49 Dodge

The vacuum leak at the distributor may be contributing to your idling problem. I'd also check the timing while you're fixing that. Someone may have pulled the distributor to make some type of repair and not put it back in the same orientation. If you go to what used to be the old Bill Knapp tractor junkyard in Lakeside (down near Cuylerville) he had a 49 1 ton in the yard across from the main yard-but that was 6-7 yrs ago. Mike

Sunvisors here...:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1940S-1950S-CHRYSLER-DODGE-DESOTO-PLYMOUTH-SUN-VISORS-/250808605890?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CYear%3A1950&hash=item3a655b9cc2

Maybe you can use these or make use of these.....

Hello out there! I recently purchased a 49 1/2 ton and I am looking for a few parts! Luckily none to get me on the road (just need to get her to stay running off the choke!) I have put up a few photos if anyone is interested. I am the third fourth owner' date=' however its been in two families. It doesnt need a whole lot, Im pretty impressed with the shape shes in but theres always room for improvement!

If anyone has access to these parts pm me please!

Seat, Running boards, Both sun visors, Battery box, steering wheel.

Thanks in advance![/quote']

once we get the ones we're working on figured out and up to snuff, we'd happily try others as well, right george? I'd just need the part to measure up and model to reproduce it.