Suspension swap

• 2 months later...

Well Runs and drives and off to interior, classic white tuck and roll, hopefully keeps the classic rod look im after...never thought this day would come :)

had to borrow a set of skinneys for the alignment because my rims hit the fenders...wasnt really planning on buying new rims...but compared to the cost of this thing...rims are minor

post-6464-13585369137033_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585369137648_thumb.jpg

Edited by albolton

thought id throw up a pic of the steering wheel that I put in, it took longer to pick a wheel then just about any other part of this project, I found a company called con2r you can order on line, you basically pick all of the components, trim, and colours of your wheel and they build it and ship it to you...very cool, and a little different than just buying one off the shelf, It seems to be very good quality and the price was average for a quality wheel, if your like me, and just cant make a decision on an off the shelf wheel, this may work for you :) I also threw in a pic of my exhaust tips, Picked up a couple of boomerang shaped pieces of 3" oval pipe on line, then slash cut them, another inexpensive idea for anybody building a rod, that cant seem to find what they want in a catalogue, I didnt want the truck to look like every other rod that you see at a cruise night. and finally the tail lights...another hard one for me...these are off the shelf 36 Ford...cheap and cool...and im really looking for a stock rear bumper if anyone can help :)

post-6464-1358536923221_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585369233616_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585369234652_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585369235586_thumb.jpg

Edited by albolton

• 1 month later...

awesome build-up. I was recommended to your thread because I'm building up my 57 d100. I went with a 318 and 904 though. What are your thoughts on clearance for my setup? I'll be putting the motor and tranny in soon. I have an otherwise stock front end. It sounded like you only needed to cut the firewall because of you ifs.

Thanks for all the pictures. Always helps. DO you have one of your tranny mounts? Trying to get ideas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I thought I would post a few pics of the finished product, I have about 400 miles on it now, and am very happy, I still cant say enough about the fatman IFS, the truck drives great., O ya... and it goes like hell :)

post-6464-13585370860383_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370860987_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370861586_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370862304_thumb.jpg

post-6464-1358537086376_thumb.jpg

Edited by albolton

I used a quiet ride kit and had it re covered, looks like a period correct rod, which was what I wanted, The gauges are Marshall, and work great, and the wheel is Con2r..really cool, the rad is 57 chev, cut the side mounting plates off of a stock rag, and bolted them to the new one, easy to install and works great.

post-6464-13585370864415_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370865156_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370866237_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370867255_thumb.jpg

post-6464-13585370868509_thumb.jpg

Edited by albolton

Your truck looks fantastic!!! Did you have to source new turn signal trim rings, or were yours that good looking to start with.... mine are pretty rusted out on the bottom from rain.

The interior looks great too! Stock bench seat recovered?

So many questions!! :) Do you have a pusher electric fan? I can't see one in the pic... or is it turning so fast I can't see it?

Again... great work!

Marc

Your truck looks fantastic!!! Did you have to source new turn signal trim rings, or were yours that good looking to start with.... mine are pretty rusted out on the bottom from rain.

The interior looks great too! Stock bench seat recovered?

So many questions!! :) Do you have a pusher electric fan? I can't see one in the pic... or is it turning so fast I can't see it?

Again... great work!

Marc

turn signal rings are rechromed originals, yes a pusher fan...works great 180 all day long, no matter what you hear :), yes stock bench recovered, and Quiet ride interior panels recovered, thansk for the compliments on the truck, I love it

sorry...not sure what your asking there

He wants to know if you unhooked the shocks, would the running boards touch the ground. You'd need an air ride or hydraulics for that and as far as I know, you still have the leaves inthe rear and coilovers in the front.

He wants to know if you unhooked the shocks, would the running boards touch the ground. You'd need an air ride or hydraulics for that and as far as I know, you still have the leaves inthe rear and coilovers in the front.

Ahhh nope wouldn't lay frame :)

• 2 weeks later...