some progress...

52b3b Joe

Here are pics of the plate....

OK, thoughts on these plates? I've heard they belong and they don't...I know the guy in Poland could make these no problem.

I'm putting my plate on the truck somewhere, I'm still trying to figure out where. There isn't any good place on the engine to place it so I was thinking of on the firewall or maybe in the door jam next to the body tag and serial number? With my thinking, there is really no "right" place to put it, so I'll try and make it look "right" somewhere else.

Heres a better video of it running.

Edited by 52b3b218
  • Like 1

Well, I finished up the brake lines and got the air out, then put the driveshaft on and took it for its first drive!

Heres the video.

I have to admit I got the idea from Merle's pictures, and yes Merle it was fun. I couldn't resist not doing it after I saw them and I have never drove it since I bought it so It felt good just to see it move under its own power. Thanks for all the compliments!

I will admit it didn't feel exactly safe, but not many people can say they drove their frame!

Edited by 52b3b218

yeah, a month sounds about right, it took me about that long to get everything set up and finish everything to make it safe enough to test drive. You should make a video of it when you drive it!!!!

yeah, a month sounds about right, it took me about that long to get everything set up and finish everything to make it safe enough to test drive. You should make a video of it when you drive it!!!!

Oh I will! That way the carnage can be seen by all!:eek:

I cant wait!!! When we get our trucks done, we should meet half way and see them!

With your driveway you better hope there's no carnage. I expect a phone call for this test drive.

With your driveway you better hope there's no carnage. I expect a phone call for this test drive.

I'm thinking towing it to the top of the hill where it is flat and a tow back down JIC and to be "safer"...you'll get a phone call, don't worry!

Wow ! and to think your truck was way over here in Calif. just a few years ago getting ready to head to your neck of the woods. Small world.

NICE JOB !!!

Are you going to keep the side mount spare ?

trucksleaving1.jpg

Wow ! and to think your truck was way over here in Calif. just a few years ago getting ready to head to your neck of the woods. Small world.

NICE JOB !!!

Are you going to keep the side mount spare ?

I thought about keeping it, but I am buying a carrier for under the bed, just to be a little more original. I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer here and I'll start on the body work, hopefully in a few weeks. I'm still hoping to get it on the road by the end of summer so I don't have to wait another winter to drive it. But time will tell. And Thanks!

Are there any differences in the bed off my 52 to a bed off a 55 1/2 ton? I found a craigslist add for a trailer someone made with the bed of a 55, and if they were the same, I would get it for parts. He's not asking much for it and it is in very nice shape.

'55 will have holes punched for the styled fenders rather than the '52 round fenders...other than that, they should be interchangeable.

Ok, thanks. Im more interested in the tailgate and the rear lower panel, so it will work good if I decide to buy it, and plus I would finally have my own trailer so I don't have to keep borrowing my friends now!