two tone trucks

buds truck

Here are some two tone color schemes I've saved.

50Dodge2tone.jpg

fancy2tone.jpg

2tone.jpg

redandblack2.jpg

And last but not least. Here's a photo shopped image that someone on the forum did of my truck. I'd prefer that the black lower part on the cab would wrap around the back corner of the cab like a spring special.

Yellow-Jacket.jpgSpring_Special.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans

Bud, I started my B3B frame-off restoration five years ago. Along the way I had an idea of my primary colors, red/black, but couldn't decide on the color breaks. I resorted to painting up a model truck found on e-Bay with various combinations, and let my wife have a vote, too. Here they are:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/JimGaspard/Paint%20Options/

Painting is now done and I'm now about to start the reassembly. Unless you have a color photo of another truck with the exact combination you want (ala Reg), model painting is a pretty simple way to visualize your completed project.

Brown isn't my favorite color, but I do like the way it looks with the beige in the old Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) color combo on my truck. With the two-tone done this way, it surely makes the truck look a lot longer and lower than a solid scheme.

Originally a dark green truck, I'm still on the fence whether to someday return to the original color or stick with this scheme. I've also thought about how the Dodge green would look with this beige...

post-3764-13585359579901_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the paint job Bud. I decided to paint my 51 Desoto truck the original factory blue colour. I plan to take the original owner for a drive when the truck is registered shortly. I wanted it to look similar (only shinier) to the day that he picked it up from the dealer in 1951. I will probably paint my 55 Desoto truck in the original factory cream colour too.

I have seen a few trucks painted in two tone here in Oz. The attached photos were emailed to me from a friend who attended a Chrysler rally in Renmark South Australia recently. I don't know who owns either of these trucks but thought that it may assist with your paint dilemma.

Desotodav

1002020c.jpg

1002023ep.jpg

I have seen many one tone trucks, I just wanted to see some two toners so my wifey could make a good decision. It was supposed to be plumcrazy purple (like my 49 Plymouth), but she wants red with cream accents inside. maybe cream accents outside too??? Time will tell.....

The cream color on the 300 is called cool vanilla, it's pretty nice......throw a little Viper red on there and you have a truck that will catch your eye.

Australia did have its own version of the two-tone.

The top half of the cab being painted was only on the Deluxe (coupe) utes.

Colour55-58coupe.jpg

Another version I have seen over the years is to just colour the roof section.

Its not shown in any of the advertising stuff I have but I have come across a couple of trucks were it appears to be original paint.

55-57Express01.jpg

60-62F108van.jpg

the last pic of the silver and black one you don't remember where you found that one do you I would like to see a better view of the grill if I can find it?

Bryan

Here's a few that I've found on the net. Not sure who they belong too, most of them are from Flikr. Also, most of our trucks were two tone from the factory. Unless an option was ordered, the bed sides and fenders were black from the factory.

We seemed to go to twin headlights here in Oz somewhere around 58.

How about a two tone using timber Bud? My mate made a timber bed for his truck influenced by vehicles from the 40's era. It was a fair bit of work, but I think that it was all worth it in the end.

p7100150j.jpg

Bryan

A couple of photos of 59 Oz Dodge trucks for you from our HCVC forum. No transplants - we just do things a little different!

59dodgetruck1.jpg

59dodgetruck.jpg

Twin headlight models were 1960-61 in Oz. Last of the Pilothouse series.

This 359 belongs to a fellow West Australian. It was bought by has grandfather brand new. It`s going through a full resto at the moment. Will have a poly 313 fitted instead of the flat 6.

59dodgetruck.jpg