Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

Here I am checking out my first Pilot House in the late 70's.  It ran great ! Can't believe I traded it for a 40 Pontiac with a slight rod knock.

MyfirstPilothouse1979.jpgMyfirstPilothousein79.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found an interesting photo of a pilothouse that a famous Australian artist (Albert Namatjira) owned.

I saw a lot of Albert's paintings in Alice Springs (Central Australia) when I worked west of there, on oil & gas fields in the 1980's.

It looks like he is all loaded up to go out to the MacDonnel Ranges, where he did a lot of his landscapes.

Albert Namatjira (1902–1959), born Elea Namatjira, was a Western Aranda-speaking Aboriginal artist from the western MacDonnell Ranges in Australia. The most famous Aboriginal artist and one of Australia's most famous artists, he was one of the pioneers of contemporary Indigenous Australian art.

post-4301-0-76427300-1369903440_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

VINTAGEPIC:

found this'n while cruising the HAMB:

large.50DodgeTow.jpg.1071b3057b73573e7fc43636d7aa5acf.jpg

large.50DodgeTow2.jpg.ac81e36e9ab1b624a52e637be2f804a8.jpg

what's most interesting is that this '48-'50 has a Spring Special styled paint scheme, judging from the detail on the back of the cab below the filler neck :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dad's first car after the war. It was LUXURY: Heater under the seat, rear window wiper, backup lights, two tone color.  

46Chevy_zpsecb892f9.jpg

Identify the black car: Make, model, year

(My dad, and his father and 2nd wife

DadAuntGertiGrandpaandGrapes_zpsa161209d

• 2 weeks later...

Found these on the Tacoma, WA library archives.  Route Vans under Job Rated jobs.....

In both of the big groups the farthest to the left appears to be an IHC truck. Also nice 49-50 plymouth wagons being used as haulers.