Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

• 2 months later...

Attached are a couple of interesting pictures from my collection of old service stations in 1942. These shots were taken in a small town north of Durban in South Africa.

post-6560-0-94872100-1391516445_thumb.jpg

post-6560-0-36005000-1391516498_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrbrylcreem
  • Like 2

Nice Nostalgia. Funny how the name "Panel Beater" is used in different countries like Africa and Australia. I'm guessing it's that way in England too where it was most likely coined. In the States the term "Body Shop" or "Auto Body Shop" must sound equally goofy I guess.

Thanks for Sharing,

Hank  :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fabulous photos.

Can you explain what the women were doing in the one where you say it is your dad sitting on the flat bed.

They appear to have big kettles/pots over fires and some long handled "thing" into the kettles.

Reminds me of my mum in the 60's doing the clothes washing with a big copper pot in the laundry and fire under to heat water. Is that what they are doing?

Or maybe some sort of still.......

Haven't seen anything like this down under.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...