47 Convertible project

47droptop

Just thought I would post some pics on my 47 P-15 Convertible project. I bought the car a couple of years ago. The guy I bought it from had 2 convertibles and this was his parts car. I ended up hunting down the convertible header bow and complete top frame, wiper towers and inside window trim. FINALLY got started. My wife and I clipped the original X frame into a 1980 Malibu frame so I can air bag the car. It sits 1 1/2 inches off the ground with bags dumped. I was planning on running a 5.7 Hemi powerplant, but came across an 8.0L V10 from a 1996 dodge truck! Hence the need for the strong frame. We certainly love our Mopars. She had a 47 P-15 Sedan (which we sold) and now drives a 65 Valiant convertible (which is for sale because we're going to build another P-15 sedan for her) and I've been driving my P-15 coupe for 12 years. We're looking forward to finishing my 47 Convertible.Thanks Bob T for all your help finding parts!

Nextproject.jpg[/img]CIMG0811.jpg[/img]CIMG0792.jpg[/img]CIMG0810.jpg[/img]045_45.jpg[/img]65valiant.jpg[/img]mypoupe.jpg[/img]

Edited by 47droptop

The sedan in the back is 1930 Pierce Arrow Model B. It belongs to my old divorce lawyer (got my money back and then some) and has been in her family for a long time. It was last winters project putting back together and restoring the drivetrain. The interior and soft top insert was redone by Dan from Classic Automotive Upolstery in Edmonton. The car still wears it's original paint and is rust free! Was a fun project.008.jpg[/img]CIMG0571.jpg[/img]CIMG0801.jpg[/img]CIMG0800.jpg[/img]CIMG0799.jpg[/img]

the pierce arrow looks great!

the convertible... well, to be honest i do not like the style at all (if it's going

to be anything like the the sedan on the pictures), but i pull my hat and bow

before this kind of mechanical skills and the huge amount of work in that build!

i would really love to see more of it in the future and hope you choose

a nice oldstyle color scheme ;)

fred

• 7 years later...

Well after 2 1/2 years of hard work in the garage, the '47 convertible is done. Well that's a loose term, I guess, it's never really DONE. Still working out the bugs but enjoying the ride

20180429_174156.jpg

20171228_190132.jpg

20180509_201629.jpg

Edited by 47droptop