I'm back

mrwrstory

oh and good job on posting pictures and for not giving up! :)

The picture thing is sooooo much easier with iPhoto and a Mac. I spent years fighting with PhotoShop, FTPing pics to my website, and then using PHPweb to manage my site. AGONY! Hours and hours of time. Got pissed off and was giving up on the whole idea and then I saw a demonstration of iWeb, iPhoto and was SOLD. What used to take me 4-5 hours is now 15-30 minutes tops, and the results are vastly superior. I made the transition to a Mac and have never looked back.

Img_3111.jpg

Decided to clean the seats that I pulled from a Plymouth Reliant at the local wrecking yard 6-7 years ago. They were pretty gross. Lots body fluids, grease and coffee stains. Could hardly tell what color they were 'sposed to be, much less see the tweed pattern. Shoulda taken a before pic but I had no idea how dramatic the cleanup would show.

My wife suggested the 20 Mule Team Borax which is her Old Timey "go to" cleaner for all occasions. It's cheap, non-toxic, environmentally friendly and did a super job.

Img_3110-1.jpg

The seats, by the way, are a perfect fit in a P-15. The Mopar K Car had two door models which gets the fold down split seat back, perfect for Coupes.

• 4 weeks later...

Attempted to bring ya'll up to date on the P-15 Project. Loaded too much info for this forum and it "bounced". Damn!

Can someone provide me with a quick "how to" that gets the series of thumbnails which the viewer can scroll through?

Edited by mrwrstory
more info

Here's the latest on the trunk and tank install

Only joints in the trunk are at the supply and vent ports of the tank.

I.e. everything inside the trunk is a single piece of tubing.

Img_3096.jpg\

IMG_3935.jpg

more at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v92/wstory/PlyProj2011/?albumview=slideshow

Done the planning and design of the battery box and seat base.

This week I should finish this area. I'm lookin at the primary wire route to the starter and access to the side posts so's I might be able to charge and/or jump it through the opening in the seat base. The seat will hinge forward for battery access/replacement.

Cuttin and bendin stuff and makin sparks is sure a whole lot more fun than waxin and polishin!

Img_3065.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v92/wstory/PlyProj2011/?albumview=slideshow

Bill most of the new MOPARS and probably others put the batteries is less than convenient places. They then run a T off the positive cable to a covered lug in teh engine compartment, along with a handy place to attach a ground cable. So any jumping and or charging can be done at those locations.

Cuttin and bendin stuff and makin sparks is sure a whole lot more fun than waxin and polishin!

Amen, Bill. Nice job with the trunk!

I love what you did. I'm trying to decide whether to relocate my fuel tank to the trunk, too. What is that gas tank from?

I'm doing a '41 Plymouth with Small Block Mopar. Here's my build link. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498434

Edited by rockable

Rockable, Nice job on the '41 too. Looks like you had some challenges routing the exhaust past all the mechanicals on the driver side. I have worried about that since day one.

The gas tank and sender is '64 Chevy. It is mounded in it's stock orientation. It was a swap meet purchase but I found after spending too much money getting it cleaned and sealed that I could have bought a new repro one for the same amount.

Edited by mrwrstory
spelling error

Rockable, Nice job on the '41 too. Looks like you had some challenges routing the exhaust past all the mechanicals on the driver side. I have worried about that since day one.

It was a challenge. Adding the R&P made it tougher. The stock SB Mopar 340 exhaust manifolds cleared the OE steering column ok and it was above all the other stuff. I just wanted my car to drive better, so I did the RP.

I'm going to be ok but it was tight, for sure. The exhaust didn't turn out to be as tough as I thought it was going to be. That's usually the case. I dread the challenging things and ponder them for a while. Then, when I actually dive in, it's not nearly as bad as I'd feared. Life is like that, too. :)

Here are a few more from late last week.

Img_4006.jpg

Img_4005.jpg

Img_4008.jpg

I'll be able to reach under the seat for chargin and/or jumpin, tip the seat forward to pull the battery if necessary and it's a nice straight shot under the floor with the hot lead to the starter.

• 2 weeks later...

Had what I thought was a cool idea for deforming the floor in order to get the battery cables pointed in the right direction.

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

OOPS ! Bet ya'll never done anything like that. :oIn hindsight, heat woulda helped,...but then again that makes for a lota toxic smoke from the paint and old undercoating.

So I hadda fix to do.

IMG_4040.jpg

Finally,...cables lay on top of the frame, as planned.

And, it's all underneath the seat.

IMG_4046.jpg