Alternator upgrade bracket

pipebomb

hey thought you guys might be interested in this, its a universal alternator bracket for a 10si gm alternator made to swap out a generator. i got one today and its built good and is plenty adjustable. easier than trying to fab up a mount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170582387303&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Grade 5 all thread it is strongest readily available all thread.

Most all thread is  is not even graded.

Grade 2 is 2nd. most avail.

Grade 5 may take some searching but is avail. most areas, not hard to find.

If I count correctly Don had 7 nuts on his install, did you?

It all matters.

Not trying to criticize in any way, jus' askin'. ;)

DJ

15 hours ago, bambamshere said:

I saw this sitting here last year so I tried it Don Coatney. I put it together and shock so much it broke the threaded shaft I put on in half. Do you remember what grade the shaft was. 

I used a stainless piece of all thread. But if vibration was an issue something must be way out of alignment. I get no vibration at all with my bracket.

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured out what I did wrong and why the first bar broke. I had used a 5/16 bar the first time and what I should have used was a 3/8 bar to make it fit tight. Plus I put a few spacers on it. Plus the alternator and the fan pulley were out of wake. So it all works now thanks for the help.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone I’m new to this wonderful forum!! My question is I trying to swap my old generator with a alternator 6 volts electrical system I found a few on EBay 6v 60amps positive ground  which is what I need  for my 1951 desoto now anyone knows if will work and how to wire it ? Thank you

• 3 years later...

I know this i an old string, but a google search found it.

I have 1947 Dodge WC with the original 218 that a previous owner converted to 12v. The homemade bracket he used is hosed up and I get a belt squeal when shifting. I have tried a new belt and reworking the bracket but I am not able to fix the issue.

Does anyone have a handle on a good universal bracket I can use or another method of making one? I do not have the original Gen bracket.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey Tim

The "powers that be" will tell you this is a request for parts, and shouldn't be in the general forum.

This is where you would request a part.     Forum Announcements And Feedback

48D

2 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Hey Tim

The "powers that be" will tell you this is a request for parts, and shouldn't be in the general forum.

This is where you would request a part.     Forum Announcements And Feedback

48D

I have always put them here;

Classifieds