anyone used this wiring company

ggdad1951

got this site from one of the members here, sounds like a pretty slick site/company. Has anyone used them? Looks like about $600 for all the wiring for my B-3-D (and "correct")!

http://www.riwire.com/

Edited by ggdad1951

I haven't personally used them, but they have been in the business for several decades and seem to have a good reputation. I have used Harnesses Unlimited and YnZ's which also have "duplicate of original" harnesses and have been pleased with them.

Not sure about RI Wiring, but some of these vendors can add extra non-stock circuits per your request. So if you are thinking about turn signals or other upgrades, you might want to discuss it with your vendor of choice. Having those circuits built into a factory looking harness really does keep things looking neat.

I used them on a different brand truck. Very good quality. Looked original. Use a cloth over vinyl insulation for original appearance. Original color coding, wiring diagrams.

You can build it yourself for much less but if you want to look original, they're one of the best.

I have used RI Wire for my 39 Desoto. They do a great job and are very professional and will work with you on any customizations that you might have or need. They made some rear taillight wiring harnesses for me and also did some extra because i wanted an extra ground wire for my tiallights.

They provide a quality product.

rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

I used RI wire on my 1948 B1B. They built into the harness front and rear turn single and right rear wires. I used a 7 wire turn single.I have pictures of their wire harness on the Knowledge section. Very good quality,instructions and fit. They charged extra for the turn single wires but it was well worth it.

I buy bulk wire and terminals from them-love their service!

I bought a full replacement harness from Rhode Island Wiring for my B3B restore a couple of years ago, but because this phase is taking too long to get to, I ended up installing the harness in my B3B driver. What I like about their harness is it looks OEM down to the cloth wraps, factory color coded wire, proper copper guage wire, each section comes wrapped separately in a plastic bag with a easy to follow wiring diagram. I replaced each section as I removed the old section. Very smooth and completed it on a Saturday. Pretty much plug-n-play to the original. Make sure you have all your firewall rubber grommets before your start. Probably the worse part is working under the dash because its a tight squeeze and my body did not contort very well at 65. Bit pricey, but I plan to buy a second set for B3B restore which is now in year 7. Someday.