D-24 Door Trim Removal

Hawkeye

You best bet is to remove the handles and arm rest, then the window garnish (the frame around the window), this will allow you to remove the door trim panel and access the trim retainers from the rear. I believe ( but I do not have a Dodge, that the trip is retined by clips or tabs that pass through the fabric backer board.

The door and window handles can be a little tricky, but basically if you push the round shield toward the door it will compress the spring and allow you to remove the Pin that hold the handle to the latch or crank assembly.

I just removed the trim from the old disintegrating door panels from the 48 D25 parts car, not sure if they are the same?

But anyway here's what these ones look like. They were stapled onto the panels. The fabric is actually pinched under the small piece stainless piece, and looks to be very difficult to free up. You can cut the fabric and then pry the staples loose, but re-installing with new fabric is going to be tricky.

Guys, thanks for the response.

My question was not clear. I want to remove the exterior stainless trim on the door and the rear quarter panel.

I did remove the small stainless piece between the hood and door by tapping up with a hammer and block of wood. I'm thinking the technique may be the same, but wanted to be sure before I start swinging a hammer.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark; You're about the same place in your "resto" as I am. Spent New Years Eve pulling the intake and exhaust manifolods and am trying to get ready to pull the engine/trans. Since I work in an unheated garage and winter has set in, I don't expect to get much more done till next spring. The cold is hard on the old 65 year body,(mine not the cars) esp. with all the miles on it !!! lol...

Keep posting, it's looking good. I'll be watching your thread. Lots to re-learn after so many years taking a break teaching !!! Cass, alias Littlemo.....

Guys, thanks! Trim removed without incident.

Cass, I took a look at your posts, you are right, we are at about the same stage. I have an insulated garage that I heat to about 50 degrees with a 5KW electric heater so I can keep moving forward during the winter. The 50 degrees does not feel too bad with a couple of layers of clothes...

The attached garage of our house stays around 50 degrees....there

is one heat vent from the furnace out there. Some days that 50 seems

nice....and others it is colder. Depends on how the temp really is

outside. A lot of cold air comes into the attic thru the vents and

some filters down I'm sure - even with the pull down stairs closed.