Windshield molding picture needed. 41-46

p10plymouth

I need a favor "please" .. I just got a very rare antenna the windshield header type Part no. 904042.... rotating adjustable center roof type

I need pictures of the molding above the rear view mirror... knock out plug (s)

The instructions say after a certain production number 1941 Plys Doges etc. have two knock out plugs (maybe only one?) on the windshield molding.(these are for the adjustable knob and the inside antenna rod... There was a knock out behind the wiper knob .. I seen those..)

My 40 does not have these plugs which means I have to Drill them .

I want to be sure before I drill I am 100 % sure...

I got a great deal its only missing a rubber gasket which I have on order and did not have to pay the 495.00 like the one that was mentioned earlier ..I got this one for 150.00 but it really looks NOS.. so its a a Early Christmas present for the Ply.

Thanks for the pictures DANiel

Yes ..you have to cut a holeintheroof.. (thats theeasy part) there is a template in the kit for that.

The hard part for me is to figure out if there is a hole inside the car which is the header pannel..

The instuctions state to drill a 11/32 hole for the inside antenna

What I am trying to figure out is is ther a inside hole and if a 41 -46 has one

I plan on removing the trim and look under the headliner

I called a guy from the POC and he told me not to believe the instructions most of the time he said the isntructions where onlya start to get the job done..

so if anyone knows for sure ther is ahole in the header panel behind the headliner let me know..DANiel

Today's the day I installed the antenna... After seeing a photo of a hole under the liner I drilled.. . I was able to install it... quickly after that...

I am only able to rotate it to the horizontal visor not down to the windshield bar becuase of the visor... But I'm ok with that ..

I figure I will more than likely always have it up..

thanks again for the photo it was a big part of getting this done...DANiel

post-2016-13585358244409_thumb.jpg

post-2016-13585358245235_thumb.jpg

post-2016-13585358246062_thumb.jpg